Anne Boleyn the bus Any memories?

Guest plain talker

Guest bus man

Just found a picture i took of HWJ700J in Applebeys livery in scarborough if i remember right, will try and scan it later

Some of the seats from 700 were used in other applebeys buses

Guest bus man

The other open topper 287 went to york when first took over york pullman and was used there it had a very elaberate livery . it then went to guide friday Bounemouth and as been exported to best of my knowledge

Right then can anyone tell me what the connection is between 287 and supertram

700 ended up with applebys on the scarborough sea front service it as been scrapped but dont know which yard , however some of the blue seats can be seen applybys buses to this day

Right then nobody as answered the question above WHY NOT COME ON

...OK ,here goes ! - Firstly ,as much as it was appropriate , the bus "Anne Boleyn" was a bus which was run by "Andrews" bus co. Although i dont have said pic of AB, i have a couple of others showing their "names" just below the windscreen (pic 1 & 2) Note both are ex-SYPTE BUSES, and the DMS in pic2 has been saved for preservation , and hopefully one day recieve the coffee and cream SY livery .

Right , now onto the open toppers ! .... i cant recall any during the 70's , although they would have been hired from other companies for special "civic" services like football promotions, Santa lights switch-on ect (as what happens now) - but in 1984 Sypte converted one of its D/D Daimlers - HWJ 700J (700) - to mark to 10th Anniversary of takeover by SYPTE. The bus is shown in said livery in pics 3 / 4 . 1985 saw it painted in "Coachline " branding as in pic 5

Now , finally !, onto the bus you describe - This was also a d/d converted by apprentices to replace the ageing Daimler mentioned previously , and was SWB 287L -287. It was first painted in the SYT colours (pic1) for a couple of years ,before recieving the Mainline livery as pic 2. It was eventually sold , but maybe still around ??? :unsure:

Anne Boleyn was never run by Andrew's

the pics you have there are Sherrif of Nottingham and Benjamin Huntsman

Guest gareth388

Wasnt it used for promoting the tram or something somewhere?

I believe 287 was used to test the clearance between high vehicles and the overhead wires on the Supertram. Is this correct Busman???

I've not heard of 287 being exported, but the last it was heard of in the UK was in a black based livery with 'RABBIT' on the mid deck panels. Does anyone have a photo of this in this livery?

Guest bus man

I believe 287 was used to test the clearance between high vehicles and the overhead wires on the Supertram. Is this correct Busman???

I've not heard of 287 being exported, but the last it was heard of in the UK was in a black based livery with 'RABBIT' on the mid deck panels. Does anyone have a photo of this in this livery?

Yes your right 287 was used for hieght test and grab tests on the ring road, Ill dig but I understood after 287 was used at yrok it went to an export dealer . ill look it up

Yes your right 287 was used for hieght test and grab tests on the ring road, Ill dig but I understood after 287 was used at yrok it went to an export dealer . ill look it up

and another pic of 287 I forgot i had!

This was from the "Bus only day" launch shown here at Sheffield Arena. some of the other vehicles shown are YTC 492, J690AWF B10m, 904, 1156 and 116.

anyone know there whereabouts of this bus?

A great tool I have found to see if a vehicle is still insured is

insurance database website

insert reg number and it tells you if the vehicle is insured. SWB287L dosnt have insurance which isnt a good sign that it still exists :(

Guest transit

anyone know there whereabouts of this bus?

A great tool I have found to see if a vehicle is still insured is

insurance database website

insert reg number and it tells you if the vehicle is insured. SWB287L dosnt have insurance which isnt a good sign that it still exists :(

...dont know about 287 - but am sure sister 285 is in preservation - complete with roof !

...dont know about 287 - but am sure sister 285 is in preservation - complete with roof !

oh I didnt know that, where is it?

Guest transit

......hI Andy - may have got the number wrong ! - but 286 was/ is at Aldwalke last month ........

Guest transit

......hI Andy - may have got the number wrong ! - but 286 was/ is at Aldwalke last month ........

Different batch that one isnt it? ,UWA...L Anne Boleyn was SWB...L

Andy

This is 296 (UWA296L), chassis number 7301024, body number AL13/2270/22, entered service with Sheffield Transport on 3rd April 1973.

Different batch that one isnt it? ,UWA...L Anne Boleyn was SWB...L

Andy

The open topper 287 was called Catherine Howard, registered SWB287L, chassis number 7204459, body number AL13/2270/3, first entered service on 4th March 1973.

Both were part of a batch of buses (285-306) which entered service in March and April 1973. I am not certain why the registrations changed partway through the batch, although it might have been something to do with the first 8 (registered SWB...L) being a replacement for an order for Leyland Leopards.

This is 296 (UWA296L), chassis number 7301024, body number AL13/2270/22, entered service with Sheffield Transport on 3rd April 1973.

The open topper 287 was called Catherine Howard, registered SWB287L, chassis number 7204459, body number AL13/2270/3, first entered service on 4th March 1973.

Both were part of a batch of buses (285-306) which entered service in March and April 1973. I am not certain why the registrations changed partway through the batch, although it might have been something to do with the first 8 (registered SWB...L) being a replacement for an order for Leyland Leopards.

cheers for that Madannie! never known a batch change letters but keep the same numbers half way through

Andy

Lookes like 287 may have been found in good condition on a farm in Susex!! I do hope it is this 287 which we are discussing anyway!

If anyone can see this picture?

My link

I am at work you see and photobucket is blocked.

Andy

Lookes like 287 may have been found in good condition on a farm in Susex!! I do hope it is this 287 which we are discussing anyway!

If anyone can see this picture?

My link

I am at work you see and photobucket is blocked.

Andy

It's a dead link andyrad,

I think this is the image that you are trying to link to .. photobucket.com