Class Photos

Guest pidd

HI ANYONE GOT ANY CLASS PHOTOS FROM THESE YEARS ,MAY THEY COULD SCAN AND SEND TO ME?

CYRIL

Hello Cyril,

from what school/s?

please.

Hello Cyril,

from what school/s?

please.

I think from Cyril's previous posts he is talking about Norfolk School (our old school Steve!)

I think that we have both previously directed him to the Norfolk School, Arbourthorne thread and the pictures we have available, many of them of staff, are all in there and I am still adding to it bit by bit.

Unfortunately my pictures are a little after Cyrils time there and I don't have any FORM photos, - in fact I don't remember any pictures of this type being taken, otherwise I would certainly have obtained one. The only pictures we had were the individual pictures by the schools photographer.

I think from Cyril's previous posts he is talking about Norfolk School (our old school Steve!)

I think that we have both previously directed him to the Norfolk School, Arbourthorne thread and the pictures we have available, many of them of staff, are all in there and I am still adding to it bit by bit.

Unfortunately my pictures are a little after Cyrils time there and I don't have any FORM photos, - in fact I don't remember any pictures of this type being taken, otherwise I would certainly have obtained one. The only pictures we had were the individual pictures by the schools photographer.

There a few class photo's on friends reunited

There a few class photo's on friends reunited

Are they "proper" (ie professionally taken with a view to sale) class photos or are they amateur shots like my own.

In more recent years with the availability of cheap disposable type cameras and now easy to use digital cameras many students come to school on the last day and take their own group photos as a momento of their time at school and as a memory of their form friends.

I suspect that many of the ones on Friends Reunited will be like this.

There were not that many school leaving amateur photographers in the period Cyril is talking about as cameras were bulkier, heavier and more expensive, beyond the budget of many school leavers, - then there was the film and the processing, - Oh I don't have to explain this to you Stuart, we've been there and done that.

Are they "proper" (ie professionally taken with a view to sale) class photos or are they amateur shots like my own.

In more recent years with the availability of cheap disposable type cameras and now easy to use digital cameras many students come to school on the last day and take their own group photos as a momento of their time at school and as a memory of their form friends.

I suspect that many of the ones on Friends Reunited will be like this.

There were not that many school leaving amateur photographers in the period Cyril is talking about as cameras were bulkier, heavier and more expensive, beyond the budget of many school leavers, - then there was the film and the processing, - Oh I don't have to explain this to you Stuart, we've been there and done that.

These are late 50's early 60's look decent photo's

These are late 50's early 60's look decent photo's

Will try and take a look then, can always add a link to the Norfolk thread although I don't know Friends Reunited current position on subscription to view images.

Will try and take a look then, can always add a link to the Norfolk thread although I don't know Friends Reunited current position on subscription to view images.

Just had a quick look on FR at those photos, - not many but definately taken in the school hall in front of the stage.

You do need to be a member of FR to view the pictures but there is no longer a subscription. I don't know how long this situation will last as the sites current owners, ITV, are trying to sell it along with Genes Reunited (GR). Got this info from an article in a family history magazine. ITV paid around £250 million for it in 2004 but its current value is estimated at only £20 million!

That last posting, a colour photo entitled "Norfolk Prefects 1964", - only 1 year outside pidds range and only 3 years before we started there held a couple of little suprises for me.

Not only does it show a younger than we are used to Man Whitham, Man Thompson and Lass Moore, but there is also a key to the students!

The bespectacled youth on the rear right is G. Kind (Gordon Kind), - he was the last student before me and Stuart0742 to get a qualification in Chemistry, - that was in 1964 and we did ours in 1972!

The blonde haired girl on the left hand side of the 1st row back (behind the row with teachers) is K. Sneesby (Kath Sneesby). She is my cousin, one of 3 cousins slightly older than me that went to Norfolk. Never expected to find a school photo of her!

If I can obtain a copy of this picture I will post it in the Norfolk School thread.

Guest pidd

Hello Cyril,

from what school/s?

please.

norlforlk secondary ,craddock rd

St johns infant/junior school, just off duke st opposite parkhill

Here's one for the boys.

This is Chaucer school, some of the lads previously went to Philadelphia,

Hillfoot, Hillsborough and Parson Cross.

Here's one for the boys.

This is Chaucer school, some of the lads previously went to Philadelphia,

Hillfoot, Hillsborough and Parson Cross.

Top photo Tony Butler holding the ball Derek Jackson 2nd to his right.

Top photo Tony Butler holding the ball Derek Jackson 2nd to his right.

Yes Tony Butler rings a bell. I can't remember the other one though.