Brian "Tanky" Stokes

Guest pidd

HELLO, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF, BRIAN STOKES IS STILL THERE?

HERE HAD A CLIMBING SHOP ON THE MOORE.

HE IS ALSO A VERY WELL KNOWN CLIMBER.

FIRST MET HIM 43YRS AGO!!

Guest pontecake

Hi...Tanky is very much still with us and although retired a while ago has still many fingers in the climbing world.

He is living in Dronfield with Kate, his wife and very much enjoying life still. He still looks the same too just a little bit more weathered lol (I can say that - he's my dad!!)

Hi...Tanky is very much still with us and although retired a while ago has still many fingers in the climbing world.

He is living in Dronfield with Kate, his wife and very much enjoying life still. He still looks the same too just a little bit more weathered lol (I can say that - he's my dad!!)

Hi Tankys son.

My name is Cyril i met your dad when he was with the "milk marketing board" i was working at ,"Firs farm " Ringinglow when i was about 17yr.

I was also a friend of "Jim Cranswick " who taught me all i know about leather work. I still have old tools he gave and made for me.

I have been here in Japan for 12 yrs with one visit to UK last sept.

I hope to have another visit in the near future to see my family in Sheffield, it would be nice to call and say hello to Brian.

Yours Cyril Piddington

ps Skype: cyrilpidd

Guest pontecake

Hi Tankys son.

My name is Cyril i met your dad when he was with the "milk marketing board" i was working at ,"Firs farm " Ringinglow when i was about 17yr.

I was also a friend of "Jim Cranswick " who taught me all i know about leather work. I still have old tools he gave and made for me.

I have been here in Japan for 12 yrs with one visit to UK last sept.

I hope to have another visit in the near future to see my family in Sheffield, it would be nice to call and say hello to Brian.

Yours Cyril Piddington

ps Skype: cyrilpidd

Hi Cyril

His daughter actually!! he has me 38, and son 24 and daughter 20 (was at it till late on!!) He is having memory problems now but he remembers loads from the old times so I'll ask him if he remembers you. Always going on about MMB and forestry and tanks and scouts lol!!

His address is quite easy to find on the internet!! It would be lovely for him to be in contact!

They have Skype although he doesn't know how to use it but his wife Kate would be able to so I'll let her know too. I'm sure he would love to go on and on with you about stuff!!!

Regards

Hi Cyril

His daughter actually!! he has me 38, and son 24 and daughter 20 (was at it till late on!!) He is having memory problems now but he remembers loads from the old times so I'll ask him if he remembers you. Always going on about MMB and forestry and tanks and scouts lol!!

His address is quite easy to find on the internet!! It would be lovely for him to be in contact!

They have Skype although he doesn't know how to use it but his wife Kate would be able to so I'll let her know too. I'm sure he would love to go on and on with you about stuff!!!

Regards

Hi! This is Cyril ,i'm sorry i havnt got back to you sooner ,i looked a couple of times but didn't see an answer.

Anyway i am so happy to hear from you !

I'm sorry to hear about the memory loss,i find that stuff scary .

I had my first trip in 11 years to UK last september,hope to go again in the near future and would love to visit.

I think at this age 62 one starts to get nostalgic sometimes difficult to turn of the memories .

How would i find his address on net?

here is my mail address and skype.

mail; seasidenjoy@gmail.com

skype; cyrilpidd

Again thanks for taking the trouble to contact me. cyril