Sign in to follow this  
POPPYCHRISTINA

Map of Sheffield 1903 Pawson and Brailsford

Well PC, the first map gave me something to think about.

According to that, Darwin Rd was at Crookes (off Northfield Rd) between Loxley View Rd and Stothard Rd. Darwin Rd is at Hillsborough, just opposite the Wednesday training ground, or at least it was last time I looked. So a swop of names occured at some time. Darwin Rd must have become Netherfield Rd., but when? Great post by the way!

Well PC, the first map gave me something to think about.

According to that, Darwin Rd was at Crookes (off Northfield Rd) between Loxley View Rd and Stothard Rd. Darwin Rd is at Hillsborough, just opposite the Wednesday training ground, or at least it was last time I looked. So a swop of names occured at some time. Darwin Rd must have become Netherfield Rd., but when? Great post by the way!

this map was in Ancient Order of Foresters, High Court, 1903-Guide to Sheffield. This is an advert for the Fleur de Lys Hotel , 66 Fargate.

From Sheffield History map and the Sheffield Picture ,the hotel would have been where Dean and Dawson is on this photocopy from the 60,s.Sorry don,t know where it came except my daughter copied it at school in the sixties.

Please re post where you see fit.