Mystery Clock

Guest skeets

Where is there a clock with only 4 spaces on the dial where there should be 5 Skeets

A missing (grace) minute on a time clock somewhere ? (or, as its known in the trade, you got me ...)

Guest skeets

A missing (grace) minute on a time clock somewhere ? (or, as its known in the trade, you got me ...)

RichardB No its on a public building a clue just for you dont tell its opposite a pub Skeets

RichardB No its on a public building a clue just for you dont tell its opposite a pub Skeets

Copied from another post

"CLUE RE; MY CLOCK IT IS ON THE EXTREME OUTSKIRTS OF SHEFFIELD AND AS I TOLD RICHARD ITS OPPOSITE A PUB SKEETS"

Guest skeets

Copied from another post

"CLUE RE; MY CLOCK IT IS ON THE EXTREME OUTSKIRTS OF SHEFFIELD AND AS I TOLD RICHARD ITS OPPOSITE A PUB SKEETS"

COME ON ,YOU KNOW ALLS, THIS CLOCK IS A WELL KNOWN TALKING POINT IN THE VILLAGE, SKEETS.

COME ON ,YOU KNOW ALLS, THIS CLOCK IS A WELL KNOWN TALKING POINT IN THE VILLAGE, SKEETS.

I need more clues. Otherwise I'm tempted to get the van out and drive around the outskirts, turning my back to every pub I see.

Are we somewhere round maybe Holmesfield or Dore or Totley ?

Guest skeets

ln 1887 A clock was added to this church to celebrate the Silver Jubilee the dial shows it to have 63 minuites its opposite a pub now come on lads where is it.

Skeets

ln 1887 A clock was added to this church to celebrate the Silver Jubilee the dial shows it to have 63 minuites its opposite a pub now come on lads where is it.

Skeets

More confusion now skeets.

In your original post the clock had "4 spaces where there should be 5" which we assume means, as RichardB states in post #2, that there are only 4 minutes in each 5 minute section, so some minutes are missing, giving an hour with 59 minutes, or more likely 48 minutes as the minute would be missing in every 5 minute section to preserve the symetry of the dial.

But now all of a sudden the clock has 63 minutes on its dial, - not missing minutes but extra ones added, - and an odd number of them, 3.

All very confusing.

Here you go, this is the Church clock in question.

Look at it and you will see what skeets is getting at,

though I must admit his explanation is a little confusing. :blink:

Here you go, this is the Church clock in question.

Look at it and you will see what skeets is getting at,

though I must admit his explanation is a little confusing. :blink:

Yes its got 63 minutes to the hour :blink:

The number of minutes between each figure marking varies a bit around the dial :unsure:

and even the spacing between the minute marks is uneven <_<

Must have been made when the dialmaker was drunk

This dial would look great on Chesterfield Parish Church with its famous crooked spire, - a sort of collection of wierd and imperfect church parts.

We still haven't worked out a location for skeets clock yet though.

It is on the extreme outskirts, try 'Derbyshire'

The Pub near the Church is the George & Dragon

With so little knowledge about the Clock and, indeed, the place it would be wrong of me to answer ... newer Members might like a pop though - go to the Pubs section and look for George and Dragon in the alphabetical listing.

With so little knowledge about the Clock and, indeed, the place it would be wrong of me to answer ... newer Members might like a pop though - go to the Pubs section and look for George and Dragon in the alphabetical listing.

Your suggestion here Richard only narrows it down to one of 2, if it is only just in Sheffield and could be "Derbyshire", that leaves both Mosborough and Beighton in the game.

Your suggestion here Richard only narrows it down to one of 2, if it is only just in Sheffield and could be "Derbyshire", that leaves both Mosborough and Beighton in the game.

I had thought of that, but, don't tell, people think I'm a fool but there is method in my madness. Honest.

If you like searching, Google search UK pages .. ****** ***** sheffield

will get you there eventually.

And the ****** ***** bit Is not 'public house'

If you like searching, Google search UK pages .. ****** ***** sheffield

will get you there eventually.

And the ****** ***** bit Is not 'public house'

****** ***** could be church clock perhaps <_<

St Peter and St Paul, Brampton

http://www.oldbramptonchurch.org.uk/

What a confusing and misleading set of clues <_<

Less spaces than there should be (4 not 5) but there turns out to be more (63)

Its in the outskirts of Sheffield but look under Derbyshire :blink:

Look in the pubs list that this pub doesn't appear in ;-)

Then it turns out that its not in Sheffield at all, its practically in Chesterfield :o

Perhaps my comment about Chesterfield parish church wasn't that far off the mark lol

OK, where is this mystery object.

Its not quite in Sheffield but can be seen from it and you may find half the answer in the Sheffield pubs list.

I get the impression that these quizzes are getting a little bit silly ;-)

Guest skeets

Its not quite in Sheffield but can be seen from it and you may find half the answer in the Sheffield pubs list.

DaveH Sorry Dave for the duff clues put it down to old age, but it did stir the S... sorry, l mean't Skeets [bit more confusion] but l had'nt seen the clock for over 20 yrs and l knew there was only 4 spaces in one of the 5 min sections and didn't know about the other mistakes, but it was a good guess about him being drunk. skeets

Guest skeets

I need more clues. Otherwise I'm tempted to get the van out and drive around the outskirts, turning my back to every pub I see.

Are we somewhere round maybe Holmesfield or Dore or Totley ?

Sorry delay in answering yes you were on the right track, skeets

DaveH Sorry Dave for the duff clues put it down to old age, but it did stir the S... sorry, l mean't Skeets [bit more confusion] but l had'nt seen the clock for over 20 yrs and l knew there was only 4 spaces in one of the 5 min sections and didn't know about the other mistakes, but it was a good guess about him being drunk. skeets

No problem skeets.

Must I admit I like a bit of fun this like this thrown in with the "straight" stuff, - makes for a bit of light relief and the odd laugh.

Is it the moon lol

Is it the moon lol

Spot on Stuart, you got all the clues,

Its not quite in Sheffield but it can't be far away because its easily seen most nights.

If you look in the A-Z of pubs theres one on Mather Road called the "half moon", - so thats half the answer.

You have won a pint in the Foxwood, - and that's going to cost me as those free beer tickets we won have long gone.

Next time were in the Foxwood we will have to look out for a deformed clock dial or some other abnormal curiosity nearby to make up another quiz like this. <_<