Mystery Clock

Guest skeets

Gosh, you must have been really high up, then, Hilldweller!

I suppose that's why they call him "hilldweller"

Beats me that when he moves house he will only buy one which lies exactly on a map contour which is a multiple of 100 feet <_<

On our street one of the freeholders wouldn't give consent and they ran the cable up the neighbours roof, attached a massive bracket to the chimney stack, then ran the cable to a similar bracket across the street, then back down their roof. They then ran a couple of houses up on the other side, then repeated the exercise to regain the original run on our side. The cables, brackets and catenaries were quite thick and looked a mess especially at road junctions.

HD

The cable on mums house which I used to support my SW aeriel was cut by workmen a few years ago where it jumped across the car driveway between her house and the next block. The cut ends are currently tucked away behind the fallpipe from the gutter to stop them blowing about in the wind.

It looks a bigger mess now than it ever did when it was in one piece.

It could also be used for something when it was in one piece, - it can't now.

I suppose that's why they call him "hilldweller"

Beats me that when he moves house he will only buy one which lies exactly on a map contour which is a multiple of 100 feet <_<

It worked out that way by accident (or so I thought) and the last home was situated a little way above the 975 ft. contour. If it hadn't been a bungalow I could have kept a 100% record by going upstairs into a loft.

I must admit I'm one of those strange souls who feels better with my head in the clouds.

HD

It worked out that way by accident (or so I thought) and the last home was situated a little way above the 975 ft. contour. If it hadn't been a bungalow I could have kept a 100% record by going upstairs into a loft.

I must admit I'm one of those strange souls who feels better with my head in the clouds.

HD

My dad told me "Never live at the bottom of a hill"

I never have and I've never been flooded. Touch wood.

My dad told me "Never live at the bottom of a hill"

I never have and I've never been flooded. Touch wood.

Once went to a school assembly the morning after the deputy head taking the assembly had lost half his roof in a gale the night before.

In his assembly he told the story of his roof being blown off and the fact that his house was at the top of a hill and so prone to damage from strong winds.

He then went on to tell a tale about his daughter who the previous year had had her house flooded i heavy rains because her house was at the bottom of the hill

To summarise his "lesson for the day" after this unusual sermon was "when you buy a house, get one half way up a hill!"

I saw this clock today and I can't understand why I've never noticed it before.

It might give you a clue with the H in the stone work below it.

I saw this clock today and I can't understand why I've never noticed it before.

It might give you a clue with the H in the stone work below it.

Quick guess, somewhere in S6 with a military history

You're too good for this place Stuart. lol

Stuart may remember an incident in a physics lesson at school with our teacher Man Riley.

I had come top at Physics by scoring 100% in an exam

I arrogantly told Man Riley "I'm too good for this place", which at the time was a TV catchphrase for the stand up comedian Ken Goodwin who was appearing regularly on "The Comedians". He said this every time the audience laughed at one of his jokes.

I also told Man Riley "you should write that on my report, - "He's too good for this place"!

In a "spoof" report he did for me (fortunately not my real one) instead of writing

"He's too good for this place"

he cleverly changed this to

"He should be sent to another place"

This of course implies something else (He should be sent to a lunatic assylum) and effectively put me in my place.

There's only been one guess to this one and none to the one before

or the one before that, do you think " time " has ran out on this one?

This is the inside of Morrison's on Hillsborough, it's the first time I've noticed

the clock indoors. What do you think the H stands for above the door.

Could it be for hospital? I'm not sure where the hospital was situated in the

old barracks.

Then there's the outdoor clock, I'm making it easy for you.

I believe Stuart knew where it was.

This building was featured in a recent hot Topic on here .. ?

I've lost track of the numbers on these dodgy clocks now, - are we up to about #18 or something like that.

The dodgy thing about ukelele lady's clock then is what the H means

I think we should leave it to Stuart to reveal it's location, we have frequently said that as south Sheffielders are knowledge of the north side of town is a bit limited so I think he has done well if he can get this one.

As for Steve's clock the dodgy thing about it apparently is that it has appeared in another topic before and yet I don't have a clue where it is. I think Steves is probably mystery clock #19

This building was featured in a recent hot Topic on here .. ?

I've lost track of the numbers on these dodgy clocks now, - are we up to about #18 or something like that.

The dodgy thing about ukelele lady's clock then is what the H means

I think we should leave it to Stuart to reveal it's location, we have frequently said that as south Sheffielders are knowledge of the north side of town is a bit limited so I think he has done well if he can get this one.

As for Steve's clock the dodgy thing about it apparently is that it has appeared in another topic before and yet I don't have a clue where it is. I think Steves is probably mystery clock #19

No more guesses on this one then ?

The hot clock is situated in pleasant surroundings.

Is it on the greenhouse at the Botanical Gardens?

Looks like the Botanical Gardens to me, as seen in the first picture in this post from that topic.

Curses - beaten to it again :o

Sorry madannie

But at least we agree on the answer to this one so I suspect we are correct. ;-)

Is it on the greenhouse at the Botanical Gardens?

Looks like the Botanical Gardens to me, as seen in the first picture in this post from that topic.

You both took ya time answering that one,

the clue was 'hot' and was in my original question.

You both took ya time answering that one,

the clue was 'hot' and was in my original question.

The "dodgy" thing about it is that the central section of the greenhouse (with the clock on) is also used for weddings.

The "dodgy" thing about it is that the central section of the greenhouse (with the clock on) is also used for weddings.

So they have a resident Vicar then ?

<_<

So they have a resident Vicar then ?

<_<

Don't know about that Steve.

I did say it was dodgy ;-)

...and I didn't get married there.

I married at the "Wedding Cake" registry office, which, like the schools I went to, no longer exists :angry:

Don't know about that Steve.

I did say it was dodgy ;-)

...and I didn't get married there.

I married at the "Wedding Cake" registry office, which, like the schools I went to, no longer exists :angry:

There lies the answer to your question Steve!

Do you need a vicar for a wedding?

I think the answer is no if it is not a religious ceremony in a church.

All you need is a registrar and a couple of witnesses.

I don't think we've had this one.

Distinctly dodgy because (today at least) the 2 faces were telling different times. (and neither of those was correct)

To much traffic to stop for a photo so here's the Streetview.

I don't think we've had this one.

Distinctly dodgy because (today at least) the 2 faces were telling different times. (and neither of those was correct)

To much traffic to stop for a photo so here's the Streetview.

So its another clock in a roof cupola just like the one I posted as mystery clock #5 <_<

..and when I did people ridiculed it and tried to say it wasn't a real clock :angry:

So, is it on top of a shop or a dodgy business like a tattoo studio, garage or second hand car sales like my clock was?

So its another clock in a roof cupola just like the one I posted as mystery clock #5 <_<

..and when I did people ridiculed it and tried to say it wasn't a real clock :angry:

So, is it on top of a shop or a dodgy business like a tattoo studio, garage or second hand car sales like my clock was?

Not sure if it was this topic, but I know the Sheffield Station clock has been mentioned before, dodgy because it has never worked, well its fixed now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/sheffield/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9363000/9363822.stm

Not sure if it was this topic, but I know the Sheffield Station clock has been mentioned before, dodgy because it has never worked, well its fixed now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/sheffield/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9363000/9363822.stm

Who mended it? <_<

Was it Wayne Beckett? :unsure: