Toys - what did you have ?

Sheffield History

Original Tin Plate Scalextric, Hornby Dublo 3 rail train set "Duchess of Montrose", and a Dan Dare Radio Station. oh and dont let me forget ESCALADO Horse racing game I bought another one of EBAY UK a couple of years ago had it sent to the US and the kids loved it.

David Cooke

A Yorkshire lad in the USA

Late 60s had a car toy called Trik Trak . Bits of "road" shaped plastic that changed the direction of the car .... loved it so much I found on e on ebay & bought it.

i remember having the operation game when i was a kid. i bought it for my son back in the 1980s and if i remember rightly bought it again in the late 1990s for my daughter :unsure::unsure:

My sister and I had that - my boys are requesting the new Darlek operation game for Christmas!

They are also very keen on Mr Potato Head !

Guest busy lizzy

I used to love my Spirograph which made fantastic circular patterns,I had a crash tower game and a Buzz off.

I also loved my tape recorder which I used to tape the chart show in the 1980s

Hornby Dublo, two rail, A4 Pacific, "Golden Fleece", in lined out, B.R. green and with tinplate, "blood and custard" coaches - really kick started started my life long love affair with railways

Mecanno - probably one of the best "interactive" toys ever invented for kids and help develop my long long passion with all matters, engineering

Subuteo - every kid should have one

ps - I too had one of those Corgi, Aston Martin DB5's as pictured above, with "ejector sheet", machine guns and "bullet proof shield". Not got it anymore unfortunately

Triang Pennybrix (Like LEGO, But not!)

Used to make you jump when the trap sprung (still in the loft)

Control the car by "programming" it with the shaped cards

Simple but effective card game (still got it somewhere)

Meccano 12volt, 6 gear electric motor

Make lovely patterns, then spoil it at the last minute when the pins holding the outer ring came loose, or the inner wheel jumped a tooth or when you used cheap paper and the biro eventually went through because of the build up of wet ink :)