Hello Everyone

Guest middy

Guest middy

I am pleased to have found and joined what looks like an excellent site for those interested in all things ''Sheffield''.

I was born and lived in Walkley and later at Lowedges.I have lived in different parts of the country over the years but now live in Derbyshire. I am particularly interested in Walkley and Crookes areas as these were where most of my family lived.

I have already found a couple of gems on the site. A number of shots of the street i was born on (demolished in the 70's) appear in the Slade film ''Flame'' which was a topic discussed a couple of years ago.To my knowledge, after years of looking, this is the first set of pictures i have come across and perhaps they are the only ones in existance. I have since bought the DVD.Out of interest if ADMIN is still keeping this film topic and locations under review i could provide some more information on the topic? In addition I have also dug out my old Full Monty video and guided by the topic notes have seen shots of areas i lived in that before i had missed.

Great site and very helpful members.

Middy

I am pleased to have found and joined what looks like an excellent site for those interested in all things ''Sheffield''.

I was born and lived in Walkley and later at Lowedges.I have lived in different parts of the country over the years but now live in Derbyshire. I am particularly interested in Walkley and Crookes areas as these were where most of my family lived.

I have already found a couple of gems on the site. A number of shots of the street i was born on (demolished in the 70's) appear in the Slade film ''Flame'' which was a topic discussed a couple of years ago.To my knowledge, after years of looking, this is the first set of pictures i have come across and perhaps they are the only ones in existance. I have since bought the DVD.Out of interest if ADMIN is still keeping this film topic and locations under review i could provide some more information on the topic? In addition I have also dug out my old Full Monty video and guided by the topic notes have seen shots of areas i lived in that before i had missed.

Great site and very helpful members.

Middy

Hello Middy and welcome to Sheffield History,

Age of the Topics doesn't matter on here, so feel free to add any comments or information.

Link to the Slade film ''Flame'' Topic

:)

hi Middy and welcome to the forum. Don't be shy, all contributions are gratefully received!

Bayleaf

Hello and Welcome, I'm an Upperthorpe/Walkley/Hillsborough born and raised Chap myself.

No topic ever closed; if you have more to add well, just chip in. There's recent posting about South Road, not sure where, I lose everything immediately on posting ...

Hi Middy, Welcome. I lived where the Ski slope is now for 27 years, then another 27 years in Walkley. After Walkley, 2 years at Manor Top, and now in my 11th year on Low Edges. W/A.

Hi Middy, Welcome. I lived where the Ski slope is now for 27 years, then another 27 years in Walkley. After Walkley, 2 years at Manor Top, and now in my 11th year on Low Edges. W/A.

Just doing the math . I hope you make full use of your bus pass lol

Just doing the math . I hope you make full use of your bus pass lol

Hi Mickjj. Regarding the bus pass, I got two bites of the cherry as I was given a staff pass when I left Mainline in 1994. Regarding the maths, I am two years out somewhere as the year of my birth was 1944. W/A.

Guest middy

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I'll post this comment on the FLAME film link but to also say here that in reference to the street i mentioned 2 stills are shown by ADMIN of a blue van carrying the Group Flame ( ie Slade). This is Otley Street,Walkley and whilst i left there in the 50's little seemed to have changed by 1974 when the film was made.