A few of my collection

Guest George21

Guest George21

Hi there,

I thought I'd share a picture of some of my collection to see if anyone could spot any thing of interest or significance.

If you want more detailed pictures of information of any of the knives just ask.

A lot of them are Sheffield Made, particularly Richards Sheffield... with a logo of a Street Lamp? Or Lighthouse?

But this is a variety.

Guest Berkley

You do have quite a variety. I think the jack knife with tortoise shell handle and threaded bolster is a really lovely old knife.

Do you know who the maker is?

Guest George21

Unfortunately not! The blade you pictured has no distinguishable marks on it which would enable me to research it. Any ideas?

And yeah, the collection started many years ago and my Dad would come from Antique Fairs with new ones fairly often. It's only recently that I decided to look into them and find out what exactly I have.

Afraid to say I'm pretty ignorant to what's what other than the information (what little of it I could find) on some of the blades with makers marks.

Guest George21

Someone on that 925-1000.com forum managed to date the knives for me.

William Needham 1928

John Yeomans Cowlishaw 1941

Younger than I thought but still, a good one to have! Thanks for the tip Berkley!

William Needham, Silver fruit-knife manufacturer

146 Eyre Street; home 7 Harefield Road (White's 1911)

146 Eyre Street; home 11 Harefield Road (White's 1919)

146 Eyre Street; home 7 Harefield Road (Kelly's 1925)

John Y Cowlishaw Gold & Silver Fruit Knife maker

John Y Cowlishaw, Electro-plater & fruit knife maker; 89 Arundel Street (Kelly's 1893)

John Y Cowlishaw, Taptoncliffe, Fulwood Road (Kelly's 1893)

John Y Cowlishaw, Manufacturer of gold & silver fruit knives; 101 Napier Street (White's 1919)

John Y Cowlishaw, Manufacturer of gold & silver fruit knives; 101 Napier Street (Kelly's 1925)

Guest skeets

Here is a link to a site with information on silver hallmarks that may help you with date and maker of your silver-bladed fruit knives:

http://www.925-1000.com/british_marks.html

HI Berkley Are you the one that collects old bottles l have a ship in a bottle and would like to know how old it is ,unfortunately the picture of it has come up with my painting of Abbeydale Hamlet instead of coming to you, l should be obliged if you have a look. Skeets.

HI Berkley Are you the one that collects old bottles l have a ship in a bottle and would like to know how old it is ,unfortunately the picture of it has come up with my painting of Abbeydale Hamlet instead of coming to you, l should be obliged if you have a look. Skeets.

This one skeets ..