Sheffield's Lost / Closed Pubs

RichardS

The Steel - Harborough Avenue

Front view not possible because for some reason, Google Street view missed out a small section of Harborough Ave.

Have we got this one?

Long gone - The Bulls Head Hotel - Dun Street

Now Ellis Willis & Beckett

There used to be three Pubs on Dun Street - short though it is.

The Steel - Harborough Avenue

Front view not possible because for some reason, Google Street view missed out a small section of Harborough Ave.

I can't place the Pub or the Avenue, what year are we talking here please ?

I can't place the Pub or the Avenue, what year are we talking here please ?

Harbourough Avenue, Manor Estate S2

A fairly rough area, Gooogle probably couldn't get round to the front of the pub without being attacked and their camera being nicked.

Harbourough Avenue, Manor Estate S2

A fairly rough area, Gooogle prbably couldn't get round to the front of the pub without being attacked and their camera being nicked.

Sorry for being thick.

Travellers Rest City Road

This one as of July 2009

This one from Google Earth (earlier the same year)

Drove past it last tuesday on my way to a funeral at City Road cemetry.

Unlike other pubs in this area which have been converted into churches the travellers is being converted into a premier supermarket (see vox's top picture)

Note that it still says "Travellers Rest" in the stonework above it.

Me and Stuart0742 never drunk in the Travellers very often.

When you walked in if you looked under 65 (we were in our 20's at the time) all the old blokes looked at you funny and argued if you sat in "their seat".

I think I nicknamed "the travellers rest" as "the pompus old gits"

Boy oh boy some sad sights there :(

Also, I'm sat here thinking I must have a liver like an old boot from the number of times i've mumbled 'blimey..had a pint in there' and 'there as well' whilst reading this thread.... ;-)

Boy oh boy some sad sights there :(

Also, I'm sat here thinking I must have a liver like an old boot from the number of times i've mumbled 'blimey..had a pint in there' and 'there as well' whilst reading this thread.... ;-)

Well Zeb, you can give your liver a well earned rest to recover from it because you won't be drinking in any of these pubs ever again :(

Looking through the wonderfull list of pubs I found the entry for Plumpers Hotel.

Was there also a "Plumpers Inn" on the junction of Sheffield Road, Tinsley and Town Street.?

Looking through the wonderfull list of pubs I found the entry for Plumpers Hotel.

Was there also a "Plumpers Inn" on the junction of Sheffield Road, Tinsley and Town Street.?

Is this the one taffy .. Plumpers' Inn, Tinsley, S4

And welcome to the forum,

Steve

Correction now that I have found my bearings :mellow:

Town St at it's junction with Sheffield Rd

From O/S map #139

Is this the one taffy .. Plumpers' Inn, Tinsley, S4

And welcome to the forum,

Steve

Correction now that I have found my bearings :mellow:

Town St at it's junction with Sheffield Rd

From O/S map #139

The original Plumpers was at the junction of Bawtry Road and Sheffield Rd, 1 rd junction towrds Sheffield from Town St

See OS Map #141

Very interesting; is The York, 247 Fulwood Road and The York, Broomhill the same place ? it would appear so. Two Pubs to be combined, data updated etc.

We have William Edward Sharman in 1911, Frederick Battison in 1925, the site extends some dates from our known keepers..

Great find Vox.

Very interesting; is The York, 247 Fulwood Road and The York, Broomhill the same place ? it would appear so. Two Pubs to be combined, data updated etc.

We have William Edward Sharman in 1911, Frederick Battison in 1925, the site extends some dates from our known keepers..

Great find Vox.

Yes - definitely the same place Richard.