They Appeared At The City Hall

dunsbyowl1867

A nice early one.

20 November 1936, City Hall, Sheffield.

Sheffield Subscription Concert no. 2 with Jelly d'Arányi (violin) and Frederic Lamond (piano), accompanied by Ethel Hobday (with Analytical Notes by Henry Coates); also featuring Adila Fachiri (violin).

18th February 1961 - City Hall, Sheffield - Alfredo Campoli - BBC Concert Orchestra, Vilem Tausky

Alfredo Campoli, Liverpool Philharmonic; Herman Lindars City Hall, Sheffield 19th March 1949.

17th November 1961 City Hall, Sheffield - Alfredo Campoli - Halle Orchestra, Herman Lindars.

18th February 1961 - City Hall, Sheffield - Alfredo Campoli - BBC Concert Orchestra, Vilem Tausky

We really should start buidling up "recent" City Hall performances before they become forgotten.

Sarah Millican 11th April 2012

Who's Sarah Millican ???

Who doesn't watch "Live at the Apollo"?

She is a Geordie (although Richard would question that) comedian, most of her jokes being about her weight and diet.

She is quiet funny, but I find her high pitched voice and silly giggliness annoying.

good comedians don't laugh at their own jokes.

Who doesn't watch "Live at the Apollo"?

She is a Geordie (although Richard would question that) comedian, most of her jokes being about her weight and diet.

She is quiet funny, but I find her high pitched voice and silly giggliness annoying.

good comedians don't laugh at their own jokes.

Oh I know now. I don't find her funny , to be honest there are very few funny female comedians.

Oh I know now. I don't find her funny , to be honest there are very few funny female comedians.

I don't know about that, I think there are some very good female comedians, and I do like Sarah Millican in small doses as her act is funny and well presented.

However, the normal route to becoming a successful stand up comedian, going round working mens clubs as a turn, doing open mike nights to get known, being heckled by drunken blokes, having funny joke punchlines greeted with silence rather than laughter and finding the audience hostile is not an easy thing to do and is not a "girl thing" is it?

I've got to admire them just for doing it.

That was only 3 days ago, - that's modernand up to date.

So, who's on tonight?

14th April 2012 was the Everly Pregnant Brothers.