Radio Sheffield

Guest metalmickuk

Guest metalmickuk

does anyone know what happened to bob hazelwood one time presenter on radio sheffield ,He used to do the folk show on friday nights and organise live events around the sheffied area .the reason i'm asking is i've just found a load of old tapes in the garage i used to tape the show on a friday and play it in my van for the rest of the week-tried google with no results.forgot so say it would have been in the middle to late eighties.

does anyone know what happened to bob hazelwood one time presenter on radio sheffield ,He used to do the folk show on friday nights and organise live events around the sheffied area .the reason i'm asking is i've just found a load of old tapes in the garage i used to tape the show on a friday and play it in my van for the rest of the week-tried google with no results.forgot so say it would have been in the middle to late eighties.

Hi Metalmickuk,

You got my memories going with this one. I had a recolection that Bob's surname was spelt Hazlewood, which appears to be confirmed by this glorious BBC Radio Sheffield photo (no date, as far as I can see)

http://www.tellytunes.com/djphotocards/bbc...bbcsheff_bh.jpg

This doesn't, however, stop many references to his surname as Hazelwood.

Although I have no idea what happened to him, I remember seeing him perform at The Crucible Theatre in the early eighties, just one man and his squeezebox (or was it a melodeon). This was a concert which also featured Roy Bailey, Leon Rosselson and Martin Carthy. What a line-up.

I also remember him broadcasting a fine mixture of folk and rrots music on Sunday afternoons in the early nineties, before the Sheffield Eagles rugby league commentary took over. As I was living in Warrington at the time it was very pleasing to be able to pick up Radio Sheffield on FM. I also have a feeling that he was a producer at Radio Sheffield, but I could be wrong (often am!)

The most recent mention I can find of Bob Hazlewood is from 2005, in connection with a folk night he promoted at the Highcliffe Hotel and which has just finished.

Sorry that this is no real help in finding anything out about Bob Hazlewood, but it stirred some memories.

This does not answer the question, but may be of interest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/radio_...n_index.shtml#B