Henry S. Hobson and Elizabeth Hobson (nee Wicks)

Guest Karin

Guest Karin

Does anyone have information on HENRY HOBSON b.1848 d.1890 m. 6 Nov 1878

ELIZABETH (WICKS) HOBSON b.1855 d. 1911. Address was 22 Crescent Rd. "Llandfoist".

Elizabeth then m. 1897 GEORGE ARTHUR LAUNCELOT HENDRY of Chatham House, Ramsgate.

Dad's 80 birthday is coming up and I would love to get a photo of his grandmother Elizabeth nee WICKS HENDRY. He never nor has a photo of her and has always wondered what she looked like.

Would love to share info.

Does anyone have information on HENRY HOBSON b.1848 or ELIZABETH (WICKS) HOBSON b.1855?

Would love to share info.

Seeing a lot of Henry Hobson with a wife called Sabra, Henry born 1848

e.g. 1901 24 Union Lane, Spring knife cutler + family

OR 1901 Henry J. Hobson, 99 Bard (?) Street, Steelfurnaceman with a wife Martha J. Sheffield Park, St. Johns. (again born 1848)

--------------------------------------------

Sabra is there again in 1891, with Henry - Surgical Cutler, 16 Harwood Street, Ecclesall

Henry Jeffcock Hudson also, wife Hannah Jeffcock, they have a daughter called Elizabeth (34 St John Road, Park), Coal miner

---------------------------------------------

Difficult to put more effort in without more detail; location within Sheffield, childrens names, dates, sizeable bribes etc etc

Good Luck, let me know if I can help further; some others of the "Great Unwashed" sorry, SheffieldHistory Research Fellows may be able to contribute more and put us on the right track.

<RichardB glances meaningfully at HughW> :rolleyes:

Guest Karin

Seeing a lot of Henry Hobson with a wife called Sabra, Henry born 1848

e.g. 1901 24 Union Lane, Spring knife cutler + family

OR 1901 Henry J. Hobson, 99 Bard (?) Street, Steelfurnaceman with a wife Martha J. Sheffield Park, St. Johns. (again born 1848)

--------------------------------------------

Sabra is there again in 1891, with Henry - Surgical Cutler, 16 Harwood Street, Ecclesall

Henry Jeffcock Hudson also, wife Hannah Jeffcock, they have a daughter called Elizabeth (34 St John Road, Park), Coal miner

---------------------------------------------

Difficult to put more effort in without more detail; location within Sheffield, childrens names, dates, sizeable bribes etc etc

Good Luck, let me know if I can help further; some others of the "Great Unwashed" sorry, SheffieldHistory Research Fellows may be able to contribute more and put us on the right track.

<RichardB glances meaningfully at HughW> :rolleyes:

Thank you for your message. Firstly, I thought you might like this photo of where Henry hobson Lived with Elizabeth nee Wicks - Llandfoist 10, Hornsey, Crouch End, Christ Church. Doesn't it look like a haunted house? Unfortunately, it is not haunted anymore. It was transformed into flats and then later demolished some years ago.

This is the address -Llandfoist 10, Hornsey, Crouch End, Christ Church. I was trying to load it onto one of the search option sites, but there doesn't seem to be a way to so I thought I would upload it this way.

I thought I gave dates,names and mentioned all the Hobsons were cutlers posting under Grove Lodge and Cottage for Dunsbyowl? Just new,,,,, :blink: hope the picture loads okay.

Thanks, yes I have been in touch with the SheffieldHistory Research Fellows...well, actually they touched base with me which was nice of them. I do have a posting there too,,,maybe that is where I listed what I was talking about above.

Lord give me patience,,,I am not a pc wiz and have never blogged or any of that stuff before.

Guest Robert Mawson

Hi Karin 

I don't know if you're still out there (!) but your Henry S Hobson is my Great Grandfather on my mother's side. Married to Elizabeth Wicks in 1878, their daughter Irene Elizabeth Hobson was my mother's mother. I'm interested in learning more of this Sheffield connection as we're all from down south. Particularly interested in photos of Henry, lizabeth and their children. Best wishes Robert.