Sheffield United Tours Ltd

RichardB

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

and this I just do not understand at all - enjoy.

http://www.petergould.co.uk/local_transpor.../sheffield2.htm

The man to try to feature here, if anyone has any info, is Ben Goodfellow, who was "Mister SUT" for many years --a great character.

Morover, it might be a good idea to seek memories of some of the Sheffield United Tours holidays. They were all the rage 40 or more years ago. I can recall having holidays with SUT in Cornwall, the Ise of Wight, Bournemouth, Eastbourne. We even went to Jersey one years and stayed at the Hotel de France. Some great memories!

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

The man to try to feature here, if anyone has any info, is Ben Goodfellow, who was "Mister SUT" for many years --a great character.

Morover, it might be a good idea to seek memories of some of the Sheffield United Tours holidays. They were all the rage 40 or more years ago. I can recall having holidays with SUT in Cornwall, the Ise of Wight, Bournemouth, Eastbourne. We even went to Jersey one years and stayed at the Hotel de France. Some great memories!

I have done a quick check and find that Ben Goodfellow became general manager of Sheffield United Tours in 1949. He went to school in Wakefield, and served his time as a motor engineer before forming his own company, Goodfellow Services Ltd. Spent 18 years with the North West Road Car Co prior to coming to Sheffield.

Here is a sketch by Heap of Ben Goodfellow. It has not copied too well, I'm afraid.