Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet

dunsbyowl1867

I came across this the other day either from a school trip or perhaps my mum and dad took me to one of the working days - I wish I'd paid more attention.

I came across this the other day either from a school trip or perhaps my mum and dad took me to one of the working days - I wish I'd paid more attention.

Open days and working days at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet usually attract a few of my "steam engine" friends with their traction engines and steam rollers. The site is actually too small for much of a rally, rarely more than 3 engines present as that would take up most of the space but the best spectacle is getting the engines there, as they are based locally it is usually best to take them to the Industrial hamlet on the road and under their own steam, - a sight well worth looking out for, and would go in our "sheffield transport section.

{not a good idea to get stuck behind one of the engines in your car though}

Here is the 1981 version