City centre photos

Guest shellybarnes

Guest shellybarnes

Hi some photos of sheffield city centre that my sister took around the 70,s. They are took from a roof top but my sister cant remember where, look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Guest Trefcon

Hi shellybarnes, the second one is of the bottom of West Street i think, with the old Central School on the left.

Dean.

Hi shellybarnes, the second one is of the bottom of West Street i think, with the old Central School on the left.

Dean.

My guess would be that they were both takem from the roof of St James House

My guess would be that they were both takem from the roof of St James House

Now a Map <Shudder> would be good at this point.

Picture 2 shows Steel City House in the foreground, that corner had Barclays Bank on the ground floor.

You can also just see the roof of the methodist church (now walkabout) and see the old Hospital further up west street. I have a picture looking the other way somewhere but taken in 2001 I think, shall put it up if I find it.

Here we are, a view looking the other direction taken in June 2002. You can see St James' House from where the original was taken and it's interesting to see how the buildings that remain have changed.

Guest shellybarnes

Here we are, a view looking the other direction taken in June 2002. You can see St James' House from where the original was taken and it's interesting to see how the buildings that remain have changed.

Thankyou for your help I can see where it is now, the old black and white one is quite dark and so are the buildings, I cant believe my sister cannot remember where she had taken them from.

Silly girl you would think she would remember being up so high I would!

Thankyou for your help I can see where it is now, the old black and white one is quite dark and so are the buildings, I cant believe my sister cannot remember where she had taken them from.

Silly girl you would think she would remember being up so high I would!

A bit better ...