Cant get on Sheffield History

Guest Trefcon

Guest Trefcon

Hi,

just been on Sheffield Indexer's and there is a Sue F. dying to get on here but apparently she cant get on and has been trying for ages, anyone help her ?

You'll find her on the thread i put on about the Great War pics on our site here.

regards,

Dean.

Hi,

just been on Sheffield Indexer's and there is a Sue F. dying to get on here but apparently she cant get on and has been trying for ages, anyone help her ?

You'll find her on the thread i put on about the Great War pics on our site here.

regards,

Dean.

From what has been said by members who have experienced problems

registering on SH,

the main problem seems to have been with the box with the scrambled letters code that has to be submitted to register.

All I can add is that she keeps having a go until she can get a readable code to submit.

(keep clicking the new word button until you get one you can read then enter the 2 words exactly how they are spelt)

From her post on indexers it sounds like she has regged with you already as her mail addy is in use:

'Dean I would love to look at this but I have been trying on and off for ages to join the Sheffield History site and I never get a confirmation email.

Do you know anyone I could contact about this? I've just tried again and its now telling me my email address is already in use by someone else!! I guess the site has sort of half registered me but never emailed me.

Any suggestions anyone?????????? '

Guest Trefcon

Hi,

yet another person trying to acees Sheffield History but cant.

'Sue Welfare' over on Sheffield Indexer's is trying but getting no where. Can any one help her?

I have been asked about lack of acess quite a few times now, and that's just from people who contact me, how many more are there that just give up the ghost and are 'lost' to Sheffield History' ?

Dean.

Hi,

yet another person trying to acees Sheffield History but cant.

'Sue Welfare' over on Sheffield Indexer's is trying but getting no where. Can any one help her?

I have been asked about lack of acess quite a few times now, and that's just from people who contact me, how many more are there that just give up the ghost and are 'lost' to Sheffield History' ?

Dean.

Previously the main problem was the "Fuzzy Word" but my advice on that issue is to try clicking new word unyil you get one that you can read, I think Steve has already mentioned this.

It looks like there may be a problem with validation emails, Dean do you have contact with Sue Welfare, could do with knowing when she tried to register and what login name she registered.

Stuart

I'm at the sharp end of all this, just providing content and encouraging people to get involved; to hear of problems getting people enrolled makes my task all the tougher - we need new members and their posts, otherwise I could just "go away" and devote more time to my own research ...

I'm at the sharp end of all this, just providing content and encouraging people to get involved; to hear of problems getting people enrolled makes my task all the tougher - we need new members and their posts, otherwise I could just "go away" and devote more time to my own research ...

Trying to sort this particular case out, hopefully it will have a knock on when solved

Trying to sort this particular case out, hopefully it will have a knock on when solved

This particular case seems to have sorted itself, had an email from the member concerned