5th Floor Castle Market

Guest Trefcon

Guest Trefcon

I've been in that tunnel when i was a kid, must have been the early seventies, but from the other end.

Great photos deansgirl.

What is on the 5th floor of the market?

To be honest although I go in the market most Saturdays I never go above the first floor level.

I thought the upper floors used to be armed forces recruiting offices for all 3 forces.

Explains why I never went up there then, - don't want to get press ganged into taking the Kings shilling!

Guest Trefcon

Hi Dave,

Fifth floor is the offices for the markets and a reception desk, also where you can purchase a booklet about the Castle. I was told to go there to arrange a viewing of the ruins, but it turns out you go to the lower ground floor beneath the security office and book there. The reception desk on the fifth floor has an eye level view of the clock on the old court house and i nearly asked if i could go behind the counter and get i shot, wish i had now!

Dean.

Hi Dave,

Fifth floor is the offices for the markets and a reception desk, also where you can purchase a booklet about the Castle. I was told to go there to arrange a viewing of the ruins, but it turns out you go to the lower ground floor beneath the security office and book there. The reception desk on the fifth floor has an eye level view of the clock on the old court house and i nearly asked if i could go behind the counter and get i shot, wish i had now!

Dean.

So from the 5th floor can you go up even higher?

There's that funny cruciform shaped tower bit on the top with an external staircase going up it.