Rag '64

RichardB

Not sure how musical this is since I've no means of playing it.

Anyone heard of any of the people listed ?

Get a record player. Yes, you can still get them!

Some record players have a USB connection these days that let you play them into a computer and create a digital musical file (.wav or mp3). Modern software will even let you edit the music and clean it up, removing a lot of the scratches, clicks, rumble, hiss and other noise so that it sounds as good as the original studio copy (well, almost)

Not sure how musical this is since I've no means of playing it.

Anyone heard of any of the people listed ?

The Dave Allen Big Band was the same Dave Allen who was resident for a while at The City Hall Ballroom in the sixties with The Dave Allen Showband, a stripped down version for these occasions. They would also be the backing band for soloists and vocal groups. The band I was in at that time played regularly at the City Hall dances. There was a revolving stage in those days. The Dave Allen guys would be on one side while the other acts would be setting up behind. When it was your spot the stage turned round 180 degrees, you did your bit, then round again to reveal Dave Allen. All change at the back while he was on etc etc. to the end of the night. Like the London Paladium in miniature. I have a framed poster from that era which lists Dave Allen, The Daletones and us. (The Quilliers) It's quite large but for years I've been meaning to scan it in parts and reassemble it. This may prompt me to do it. If and when I do, I'll post it.

I couldn't scan it Richard, so I've taken a photo.

Thanks, most interesting, did many people show up with an orange ?

Well that really would be stretching the memory but I would imagine they did.

People did things like that in those days.