Bramall Lane

dunsbyowl1867

Not sure of the year for this photo, pre 1974 as I believe they were building the South Stand then.

Great Photo Stuart,

Doesn't everthing look neat and tidy? Shame they didn't turn the pitch round the other way before they strated devloping - could have been a massive ground!

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Great Photo Stuart,

Doesn't everthing look neat and tidy? Shame they didn't turn the pitch round the other way before they strated devloping - could have been a MASSIVE ground!

You do realise that you'll upset all the Lane regulars who support SH if you leave that 'h' in Bramall Lane in the title!

You do realise that you'll upset all the Lane regulars who support SH if you leave that 'h' in Bramall Lane in the title!

Spelling was never my strong point , correction made thanks OCSK :)

• 6 months later...

Not sure of the year for this photo, pre 1974 as I believe they were building the South Stand then.

I wonder what Michael Ellison, Esq., Agent to the Duke of Norfolk of the Farm, Park had to do with Bramhall Lane ... ? ("h" deliberately left in, since that's what it was called back in the 1860's; or was it Whitehouse Lane - posted somewhere on here)

Farm, Park