Brightside Ln/East Coast Rd

Stuart0742

Last year Dunsbyowl posted this photo, as a mystery location, hoping to find out more about it.

Today the building has its windows boarded up and painted, obviously being cared for

Does anybody know what this building used to be

Last year Dunsbyowl posted this photo, as a mystery location, hoping to find out more about it.

Today the building has its windows boarded up and painted, obviously being cared for

Hi Stuart I've been meaning to post more on that building for a while as I noticed this on Picture Sheffield

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;c01292&pos=1&action=zoom&id=1797

So at some stage it was a bottling plant - perhaps some one has access to some Trade directories and we can identify the business.

I was thinking that those windows are very distinctive and often you see old engravings with grinders facing such windows - per haps someone is a bit more expert on that wink.gif

stuart,the building you are asking about used to belong to whiteways cider producers in the 60s when they moved out it was empty for years, then magnet kitchens used it!.

stuart,the building you are asking about used to belong to whiteways cider producers in the 60s when they moved out it was empty for years, then magnet kitchens used it!.

Of course Magnet Kitchens, I remember now. That had totally gone from my mind.

Presumably the Head Office of Whiteways was at Savile Street East:

I used to live 1/2 mile from that place. Interesting the way they spell 'Cyder' and 'Bulmer's' were a rival Company' If that was their head office (which I doubt), they should know how to spell 'Savile' Street properly !