Hello

mickjj

Hi to everyone. I thought I would introduce myself angd give my reasons for getting involved in this site.

Just because you live 6,000 miles from where you were born and bred does not change who you are or your feelings of your for the place, infact if anything it strengthens them. That is why when this site came along I jumped at the chance of being a part of it and proud to be part of the admin team.

With the time zones meaning an eight hour time difference I guess you could say that I am the Night Watchman of the site but it does give me time to read ALL of the days posts and try to keep things in order. I do hope that peole who visit this site continue to return and help it grow wether you still live in Sheffield or like myself ar far away it is your memories and pictures that will keep it going and help it grow.

Guest dpotts

Hi to everyone. I thought I would introduce myself angd give my reasons for getting involved in this site.

Just because you live 6,000 miles from where you were born and bred does not change who you are or your feelings of your for the place, infact if anything it strengthens them. That is why when this site came along I jumped at the chance of being a part of it and proud to be part of the admin team.

With the time zones meaning an eight hour time difference I guess you could say that I am the Night Watchman of the site but it does give me time to read ALL of the days posts and try to keep things in order. I do hope that peole who visit this site continue to return and help it grow wether you still live in Sheffield or like myself ar far away it is your memories and pictures that will keep it going and help it grow.

Im in Florida (5 hours difference). Where I live doesnt change my roots. I tell everyone Florida is where I live but Sheffield is home.

Im in Florida (5 hours difference). Where I live doesnt change my roots. I tell everyone Florida is where I live but Sheffield is home.

Great stuff

I would say that you are lucky living in Florida - what with all the sunshine and bikini's but I bet you hear that all the time from grumpy smog ridden Sheffield folk !

The wife keeps trying to get me into Wallsend/Newcastle history, but I'm just a tad into Sheffield, my spiritual home, I've lived here longer than I lived in Sheffield, it IS Wallsend, i.e. the end of Emperor Hadrian's Wall (i work not five minutes from the Segedunum site, the actual end of the wall, at Wallsend), Castles and stuff (newCASTLE, actually its nearly a thousand years old), so there's plenty to go at, but even after 26 years it's still not "home" - Sheffield is.