Francis Street

Ellesse

Does anyone have any photos of Francis Street before it was demolished? My husband's family came from there and he's trying to get a photo of the place to put in his family history.

Does anyone have any photos of Francis Street before it was demolished? My husband's family came from there and he's trying to get a photo of the place to put in his family history.

Which area are we looking at for Francis St, can't find it in my books?

PictureSheffield lists Francis Street but finds no results of a search.

Francis Street, Cuba ... probably ...

Peter Harvey cites it in his Street Names book in S9 but no was longer listed. He says it was probably named after Francis Huntsman )decendant of Benjamin) whose family owned land in Attercliffe and some of which was used for house building in 1880s/1990s.

Peter Harvey cites it in his Street Names book in S9 but no was longer listed. He says it was probably named after Francis Huntsman )decendant of Benjamin) whose family owned land in Attercliffe and some of which was used for house building in 1880s/1990s.

It is on this map - off Chippingham Street

Map #180

Hi

Sorry for the confusion. Yes Francis Street is in the Attercliffe area and I do have a copy of the map with it on. What I was wondering is if there were any photographs taken of the houses before they were all demolished, but thank you everyone for taking the trouble to find me a map of the area.

Madannie77 - thank you so much, my husband is delighted as he was looking for no. 17 Francis Street as that's where his aunt lived - wow, after all this time a photo's turned up :rolleyes: :wub:

Madannie77 - thank you so much, my husband is delighted as he was looking for no. 17 Francis Street as that's where his aunt lived - wow, after all this time a photo's turned up :rolleyes::wub:

That is, in the modern parlance, a result :).

Don't thank me, it is Picture Sheffield who put the image online. I only came across this topic because I am slowly working through old topics and repairing all the links to Picture Sheffield which were broken when they moved server. As is my way, I am getting sidetracked and reading every topic as well :blink::wacko:.

17 Francis Street, Miss Millicent Brookfield, Dress maker (1925)

and 17 Francis Street, Harold Wright, 1957.

Madannie77 - thank you so much, my husband is delighted as he was looking for no. 17 Francis Street as that's where his aunt lived - wow, after all this time a photo's turned up :rolleyes::wub: