Random Picture Thread

Sheffield History

A few random pictures here folks - see if any of them are of any interest to you..

Green Moor United Methodist Sunday School Established 1812 in Sheffield

CRICKET MATCH AT MILLHOUSES, SHEFFIELD 1920’S

The match is being played on a field.With Ecclesall Mill. Complete with the original tall chimney in the background

Guest tsavo

A few random pictures here folks - see if any of them are of any interest to you..

Green Moor United Methodist Sunday School Established 1812 in Sheffield

At one time nearly all churches had there own banners, usually displayed on the Whit Monday marches. The only Green Moor I can find relates to the Stocksbridge area. Can anyone say where specificaly it is?

Hi

I went to cubs in the grounds of Endcliffe Hall late 60s, early 70s, at the time it housed the army, I had my picture in the Star, cleaning some sort of artillary gun to highlight Bob a Job week.

Sando

Hi fellow SH's So you want random photos be warned view at your peril these were my grandmothers godparents

she was born in 1893. ( sorry ).

Hi fellow SH's So you want random photos be warned view at your peril these were my grandmothers godparents

she was born in 1893. ( sorry ).

Excellent, post more, with names, dates, details if you can - Love it.

Thank You

At one time nearly all churches had there own banners, usually displayed on the Whit Monday marches. The only Green Moor I can find relates to the Stocksbridge area. Can anyone say where specificaly it is?

Hi Green Moor is a small village on the top of the hill above Thurgoland and Stocksbridge and comes under Sheffield Council remit will post some piccies later when I get home from work, I remember being May Queen many years ago and walking behind the Church banner down from Broomhill to Weston Park for the Whit sing.

Green Moor used to join with Thurgoland Parish for worship, the church is now closed, most people know Green Moor by the pub there The Rock.

Hi Green Moor is a small village on the top of the hill above Thurgoland and Stocksbridge and comes under Sheffield Council remit will post some piccies later when I get home from work, I remember being May Queen many years ago and walking behind the Church banner down from Broomhill to Weston Park for the Whit sing.

Green Moor used to join with Thurgoland Parish for worship, the church is now closed, most people know Green Moor by the pub there The Rock.

Right got home after being attacked by cows on the way to milking and took these piccies of Green Moor and to show how religious I am (not) the church is still open for worship :(

Excellent, post more, with names, dates, details if you can - Love it.

Thank You

Hi RichardB Ref my grans godparents acording to the back of the photo they went by the name Kilner

thats all the information i have...

All the best Gary

Hi Fellow SH's

Found this in my collection Sargent's Mess Party November 1944 if any of your family was a Sargent in the RAF

they could be on here ?

Hi Fellow SH's

Found this in my collection Sargent's Mess Party November 1944 if any of your family was a Sargent in the RAF

they could be on here ?

Is that Hitler i can see saluting in the back row eight from the left ... ?

To be serious now, it's a nice photo and so... full of atmosphere.

Garden party held at Loxley house on June 23rd 1911, my GGrandfather, Earl of Wharncliffe and Lord Rockingham all in attendance.

Great picture. Have you any idea of date?

For more details on the history of Loxley House see topic "Robin Hood".

Hi fellow SH's

You don't want to mess with this crowd of Civil Defence ladies I'm guessing the skinny one did not pass out.