Territorial Army

RichardB

George (at work) was in the T.A.; he was away for three weeks on duty; he left a note "George is away T.A.".

He wasn't much impressed on his return to notice the sign reading :

"George is a Camp Tart".

The guilty party ? who will ever know.

George (at work) was in the T.A.; he was away for three weeks on duty; he left a note "George is away T.A.".

He wasn't much impressed on his return to notice the sign reading :

"George is a Camp Tart".

The guilty party ? who will ever know.

There is a Territorial Army camp near us at Manor Top between Ridgeway Road and Mansfield Road that has been there for years

Without contravening the Official Secrets Act or giving away Military Intelligence to the enemy, have any members served there are does anyone know much about it?

Its the sort of place you walk past without realising and tend to forget that its actually there, but on Google Earth images and the like it appears quite a big camp.

Guest 30_degrees

There is a Territorial Army camp near us at Manor Top between Ridgeway Road and Mansfield Road that has been there for years

Without contravening the Official Secrets Act or giving away Military Intelligence to the enemy, have any members served there are does anyone know much about it?

Its the sort of place you walk past without realising and tend to forget that its actually there, but on Google Earth images and the like it appears quite a big camp.

I went there once as a member of a small party from Somme Barracks in the late 70's to check out the signals equipment. Whilst there we had a look at the armoury which had guns from all eras, captured arms, all sorts of stuff. I'm stuck for further information though. Manor Top Signals More from the Star

I recently contacted my old Squadron at the new Bailey Barracks at Low Edges. The 106 Sqn was part of 75 Regiment at the Somme Barracks but is now part of 73 Regiment, see... RE Bailey Barracks

The Engineers left the Somme Barracks to make room for the Sheffield Univeristy Officer Training Core.