Hello

Guest Ally

Hi, I'm Ally and an ex-pat living in Germany! :)

Really impressed with the site. Keep up the good work guys!

Welcome to the site Ally and thanks for joining

The site is a product of the members - it's your site - and the more posts and information we get on the site the better it will get !

Guest tsavo

Hello Ally, Welcome to the site. Like you I'm an ex pat, but living in Portugal. It's been a while since I was in Sheffield but on a history site that's not important. It's memorys that count!

Thank you for the nice welcome :)

Although I live in Germany I still go back as often as I can, although not as regularly as I would like. Will be there in the Summer for a couple of weeks so watch out Sheff! :lol:

Welcome Ally from yet another ex pat. My response is delayed due to an eight hour time difference. That is one of the problems of been 6,000 miles away. I do hope you enjoy the site though and visit us on a regular basis.

Hello All, Richard Brant here, formerley of Sheffield, but left in 1981 for Wallsend, near Newcastle upon Tyne, England. Born Upperthorpe (well Jessops obviously), lived Walkley, Hillsborough. Possessed by a family obsession to find my Great Grand Fathers place/date/time reason etc etc death, it's been going on since 1982.

What you might politely call "of stocky build" (i.e. fat), challenged in the folicular area (i.e. balding), extremely attractive to women from all age groups, colours, creeds etc etc ("lying sh*te").

Interested in family history (especially GAB as I shall refer to him as, my GGF), women from all age groups, colours, creeds etc etc (lying again), Sheffield buildings, social history etc, I sometimes smell of goatscheese ...... probably....

Did I mention women - yes I did - Shuttup

45 today, and mad a a box of frogs !

Anyone that smells of goatscheese is welcome around these parts..

btw - you're supposed to start a new thread for hello's

lol

Hi thought I'd post here first!

I like it, I look forward to seeing more sheffield images, I was looking at the sheffield bands section,

great!!!! to see so many bands listed that I have seen live! I noticed a few missed off the list!

I will pop by that thread and add some more names, also I have a box full of sheffield magazines

SAM MAGAZINE, ORANGE (I think this was a sheffield mag?) SANDMAN and many others!

and sheffield photo's at home I will have to look through them and see what I can upload!

I have thousands of Sheffield flyers! from various venues.

I was amazed to see some of the old sheffield images, pubs, nightclubs and places!

Keep posting, be good to see some more band image and club nights of old!

Great! brought back some dusty memories!

Cheers

Rob Cohen