Mainline

Waterside Echo

Taken from an ad in the Star sometime in the 90s. BETWEEN 19th JUNE AND 30th AUGUST, MAINLINE WILL BE RUNNING BUSES TO SCARBOROUGH EVERY 4 MINUTES. Answers on a postcard please.

Taken from an ad in the Star sometime in the 90s. BETWEEN 19th JUNE AND 30th AUGUST, MAINLINE WILL BE RUNNING BUSES TO SCARBOROUGH EVERY 4 MINUTES. Answers on a postcard please.

Guest bus man

Not got a clue the only thing is tht in order to find work for the double deck coachline coaches I remember them running a express service to various places was scarborough one of them ? But suspect that was in SYT days

Dont know what the 4 minite thing is

PLEASE NOTE the blackpool service was a latter and is not connected with this - I havent got a clue and dont have the time to do the rearch

Every 4 minutes to Scarborough? littlemalc should know this one then.

Guest littlemalc

I can remember driving a Leyland Leopard to Scarborough on one of the inspectors day trips, on the way back an injector went, and we struggled up Staxton hill like an invalid with a strong stink of diesel fumes all the way back, there were some very sick looking passengers by the time we finally limped into Sheffield.

I think the 4min ad about Scarborough trips is definately a printing error, ironicaly, the only firm that seems to do an in season weekly service these days is Gordons from Rotherham.

Beetween 19th June and 30th August a Joe Scarborough exhibition was being held at the art gallery Weston Park. The 4 minutes was the frequency of the service 52 that passed the door. W/E.