Washington PH

dunsbyowl1867

Dunsbyowl said:
Picture Sheffield

Main list updated

https://www.picturesheffield.com/ ;s21632

HI Dunsbyowl A friend of mine lived at that bricked up house next to the pub on your picture, his wife Dolly worked as barmaid at the pub when Arnie Allison the x footballer kept it , until one night she saw him having a pee in the bar sink, after closing time,_she said l bet you have done that before_ he said you/ll win your bet Dolly, she packed the job in, and George and l never went in again . Cheers skeets

HI Dunsbyowl A friend of mine lived at that bricked up house next to the pub on your picture, his wife Dolly worked as barmaid at the pub when Arnie Allison the x footballer kept it , until one night she saw him having a pee in the bar sink, after closing time,_she said l bet you have done that before_ he said you/ll win your bet Dolly, she packed the job in, and George and l never went in again . Cheers skeets

Had many a happy hour in the Washington during my Post Office/BT days, it was the favourite haunt of staff, being a couple hundred yards from the main telephone exchange.

Christmas Eve was always memorable.

Does anybody remember the landlady's "Tea Pot" collection, Barbara I think her name was.

I remember Barbara and her teapots - we used to have our 'team meetings' in there when I was working from the office in Bowden street lol