1911 Census

Guest Trefcon

Guest Trefcon

To find a family without using any credits.

I've not tried it but am assured it works.

"Using the standard "search" function, find the person that you want and refine the search criteria to eliminate the others so that only that one person is on the page. Typically you might do this by use of age, gender, year, county, district, etc.

Once you have found the person and they are the only one shown on the page, look at the URL (web page address, http://www. etc.,) and you will see that in the address is the word "results2" or "results4". Change the number to a 3 then hit enter to do the search again.

When the results are displayed, scroll to the bottom of the page and an address is shown. Now copy the address (including any errors) and go back to the "search" page. Remove everything you had in previously, put a comma in the surname box (it has to have something) and paste the address in to the RESIDENCE field and press "Search"

The search results should now include all residents of the house ".

Dean.

"Using the standard "search" function, find the person that you want and refine the search criteria to eliminate the others so that only that one person is on the page. Typically you might do this by use of age, gender, year, county, district, etc.

Once you have found the person and they are the only one shown on the page, look at the URL (web page address, http://www. etc.,) and you will see that in the address is the word "results2" or "results4". Change the number to a 3 then hit enter to do the search again.

When the results are displayed, scroll to the bottom of the page and an address is shown. Now copy the address (including any errors) and go back to the "search" page. Remove everything you had in previously, put a comma in the surname box (it has to have something) and paste the address in to the RESIDENCE field and press "Search"

Dean.

It does indeed work Dean, many thanks and will save a bit of money on wasted searches! lol

Tried it, it works !

Also makes a great tool to search for "who lived in my house in 1911 ?"

e.g. 53 Dykes Hall Road, Hillsborough

Charley Addy, born 1868, aged 43

Mary Addy, born 1862, aged 49

Minnie Addy, (F), born 1898, aged 13.

I know the name Addy, as I have previously traced the death of a small, male child registered to that address.

Thanks Dean, It works wonderfully well. I have already found out a lot.

I am just worried that "the powers that be" will find out and stop it !

John

Thanks Dean, It works wonderfully well. I have already found out a lot.

I am just worried that "the powers that be" will find out and stop it !

John

There was a similar thing with the 1901 when that was 1st online, that soon got stopped, there is an old saying "Make Hay While The Sun Shines"

Guest Trefcon

I have a very cheeky request, would some kind soul look up my Great Grand Father Albert Dale and his wife Isabella for me using one of their 'free' credits? They lived at Granville Street, Park. Would love to see an image of the census page.

thanks in advance

Dean.

Dean.

Does anybody know if this still works, I have just tried it and as Dean says changed the 4 for a 3 and hit enter.

The 3 reverts back to a 4 and the same screen is displayed

Does anybody know if this still works, I have just tried it and as Dean says changed the 4 for a 3 and hit enter.

The 3 reverts back to a 4 and the same screen is displayed

I think they must have closed the door on it, good while it lasted.

I think they must have closed the door on it, good while it lasted.

Maybe they read about it On Here!

Or do we have an informer amongst us ... :ph34r:

lol