Railway Stations

Stuart0742

Dore & Totley Station

One of the few Sheffield stations to have remained open.

Then 15/9/1948 Class 5 45225

Now 16/12/2008 Cross Country Services from Penzance to Edinburgh

Dore & Totley Station

Nice pictures, clearly the same location and it even has contrasting then and now trains.

We will have to get back to that Then & Now Gallery soon when we have sorted through all the then & nows we have accumulated in the last few months.

Millhouses & Ecclesall

Closed 10/6/1968

Originall called Ecclesall

later Ecclesall & Millhouses, Mill Houses & Ecclesall and finally Millhouses and Ecclesall

Although Ordnance Survey called it Millhouses & Eccleshall

Then 1956

Now 2008

Dore & Totley Station

Off topic , but 4 carriages from Penzance to Edinburgh - Where do they fit all the passengers?! I'm sure that back in the day (1970's before HSTs) some of the summer trains would doublehead 14 carriages.

Off topic , but 4 carriages from Penzance to Edinburgh - Where do they fit all the passengers?! I'm sure that back in the day (1970's before HSTs) some of the summer trains would doublehead 14 carriages.

Its caled over-crowding, you pay full fair to stand up, the rail company wins both ways they get the money and don't have to invest in carriages. Privatisation. :(

I remember Heeley station very well, it's where we used to catch the train for our Sunday outing to Castleton. Has anyone a decent photo of it ? - there's nothing useful on Sheffeld Picture dot com.

I remember Heeley station very well, it's where we used to catch the train for our Sunday outing to Castleton. Has anyone a decent photo of it ? - there's nothing useful on Sheffeld Picture dot com.

There are very few if any photo's of Heeley Station, due to its elevated position. Dore & Totley, Beauchief and Millhouses all had road bridges passing over the line, thus making a vantage point. Heeley had no such vantage point.

There was a photo taken from the platform on ebay last year, however it went for a silly price.

There are very few if any photo's of Heeley Station, due to its elevated position. Dore & Totley, Beauchief and Millhouses all had road bridges passing over the line, thus making a vantage point. Heeley had no such vantage point.

There was a photo taken from the platform on ebay last year, however it went for a silly price.

Hey Stuart,

SteveHB appears to have the very picture that you described as selling for a silly price on eBay.

Was it you who paid the silly price for it Steve?

Hey Stuart,

SteveHB appears to have the very picture that you described as selling for a silly price on eBay.

Was it you who paid the silly price for it Steve?

lol I'm sure I have more sense than money,

but that you will never know or as the saying goes 'the older you get the dafter you get'

;-)

lol I'm sure I have more sense than money,

but that you will never know or as the saying goes 'the older you get the dafter you get'

;-)

I'm sure you are not that daft

I'm sure you are not that daft

Now how would you know that Stuart ?

I was daft when we use to play together in the mid 60's,

And I haven't changed much since then.

Now how would you know that Stuart ?

I was daft when we use to play together in the mid 60's,

And I haven't changed much since then.

Well I may be mistaken, it was just something about your photo that reminded it of my copy :)

An even earlier "Dore & Totley Station photo, early 20th century, need an exact date

The interesting bit about these pictures, with apologies to the train buffs, is that the iron railings next to the bridge that the trains are passing over are the only bit to survive and feature in all three pictures.

Guest Killamarsh GC

Photos of Norfolk Bridge Station taken last year

Your pics are of the old Attercliffe Road station.

Heeley Station

my attempt to get a shot through the missing brick didnt work I am not tall enough

I often wonder whilst driving past, what is behind that bricked up entrance, Is it a time capsule or is it just a empty subway

An even earlier "Dore & Totley Station photo, early 20th century, need an exact date

Great photos, I didn't realise that the Hope

valley line was single track!!

Does anyone know why the middle picture does not have any signalling the one above has plenty?

Guest Killamarsh GC

Great photos, I didn't realise that the Hope

valley line was single track!!

Does anyone know why the middle picture does not have any signalling the one above has plenty?

The signals are still there but you have to enlarge the centre pic to see them. Look in the smoke from the loco's chimney for the Up Main signal.

Then you should be able to pick out the others.