Parkin family history

Guest wrizzy31

Guest wrizzy31

I am researching the Parkin side of my family and would be interested if anyone knows anything about a Joseph, Josephus or William Parkin from Sheffield. Dealt in cutlery etc.

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

I am researching the Parkin side of my family and would be interested if anyone knows anything about a Joseph, Josephus or William Parkin from Sheffield. Dealt in cutlery etc.

William Harry Parkin, always known as Harry, was member of a Sheffield cutlery firm, although he was better known as a leading figure in the local golf world in the 1960s and later, having previously been captain of Sheffield Football Club in the 1950s. His family's firm was in Rockingham Street. I am not sure, but I think their speciality was knife handles.

Of course, this may not have been the same branch of the Parkin family as the one you are looking at, but there were many people called Parkin in Sheffield's trades down the years. You need to have a bit more info about where they were based in Sheffield, and dates for the names you are already aware of. The easiest thing is to work backwards from the present to pin down the exact family members.

Guest wrizzy31

William Harry Parkin, always known as Harry, was member of a Sheffield cutlery firm, although he was better known as a leading figure in the local golf world in the 1960s and later, having previously been captain of Sheffield Football Club in the 1950s. His family's firm was in Rockingham Street. I am not sure, but I think their speciality was knife handles.

Of course, this may not have been the same branch of the Parkin family as the one you are looking at, but there were many people called Parkin in Sheffield's trades down the years. You need to have a bit more info about where they were based in Sheffield, and dates for the names you are already aware of. The easiest thing is to work backwards from the present to pin down the exact family members.

William Parkin was around in the 1840's. Belonged to two firms William Parkin & Son and Parkin and Marshall. Josephus Parkin was 1733 and Joseph around the 1780's. Josephus Parkin was a Master Cutler.

William Parkin was around in the 1840's. Belonged to two firms William Parkin & Son and Parkin and Marshall. Josephus Parkin was 1733 and Joseph around the 1780's. Josephus Parkin was a Master Cutler.

A tiny contribution ...

Josephus Parkin, cutler of Campo Lane. (Gales & Martin 1787)

making no claims for these, just for consideration :

Joseph Parkin File manufacturer (Parkin & Blackwell) h. Belmonte White's 1849

Joseph Parkin Tableknife manufacturer & hosier 53 Townhead Street White's 1849

Joseph Parkin File &c. manufacturer (Parkin & Blackwell) h. Belmonte White's 1852

William Parkin details here http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/i...art=#entry32733

Guest carben

I am also looking for any information of the Parkin family. My great grandfather was a Harry Parkin, a moulder in a steel factory. He was married to Sarah nee Dickinson, they had 4 or 5 children, Norah born 1900, was my grandmother. I can only find information up to 1911, I want to know what happened to them, where they may be buried etc. I think they lived on Swan St, then Basford St. Darnell. Any info will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Guest yorkshiredale

I am also looking for any information of the Parkin family. My great grandfather was a Harry Parkin, a moulder in a steel factory. He was married to Sarah nee Dickinson, they had 4 or 5 children, Norah born 1900, was my grandmother. I can only find information up to 1911, I want to know what happened to them, where they may be buried etc. I think they lived on Swan St, then Basford St. Darnell. Any info will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Hi I dont know if its the same Harry Parkin born1875 Father William Henry wife Emma Smith

Brother to -

Herbert 1869

Rose Ellen 1870

Frank ( Francis )1883

Frederick william 1872

Emma 1873

Jenny 1878

Arthur 1880

Florance 1881

Ethel 1887

Beatrice 1889

Henry William 1895

Blanch 1899

Leonard ?

Ring any bells ?

My Harry Parkin was born in/or about 1863. Thanks for your help.

Carole

Hi I dont know if its the same Harry Parkin born1875 Father William Henry wife Emma Smith

Brother to -

Herbert 1869

Rose Ellen 1870

Frank ( Francis )1883

Frederick william 1872

Emma 1873

Jenny 1878

Arthur 1880

Florance 1881

Ethel 1887

Beatrice 1889

Henry William 1895