Parkin and Marshall

Guest wrizzy31

Guest wrizzy31

Hello, Does anyone know anything about the company Parkin and Marshall who made silver, pewter etc in the 1800 onwards. Parkin was a relative of mine (William Parkin) and would be grateful for any information you may have about the company, whether it still exists, or anything about the Parkins in Sheffield. Many thanks Angie

William Parkin, Merchant & manufacturer (Parkin & Marshall) home 6 St George's Terrace (White's 1852)

Welcome to the Site.

William Parkin Steel manufacturer (W P & Co. Ltd.) h. Broomhill House, Watson Road White's 1919

also

William Parkin Silver plater 2 Broomhall Lane Baine's 1822

William Parkin Britannia metal manufacturer 6 Campo Lane Baine's 1822

William Parkin Britannia Metal Manufacturers Lee Croft Pigot's 1828-9

William Parkin Britannia metal manufacturer 42 Campo Lane White's 1833

William Parkin Merchant & table knife manufacturer h. Sheaf Bank White's 1849

William Parkin (& Co.) steel, file & machine knife manufacturers Telegraph Works, Sylvester Street Kelly's 1893

William Parkin (& Co. Limited) merchants & manufacturers of steel fies, saws, machine knives Crown Steel Works, Sylvester Street White's 1919

William Parkin (& Co. Ltd) machine knives manufacturers Crown Steel Works, Sylvester Street Kelly's 1925

http://www.sheffieldrecordsonline.org.uk/

Guest Smiling-Knife

A Parkin & Marshall with early stainless blades circa 1920s or early 1930s with the trademark 'XL -ALL'.

Guest brightmount

Hi Angie, I picked up a fish knife at a boot fair yesterday and in trying to identify the hallmark, I found it to be Parkin & Marshall, and this thread popped up. I will gladly send it to you free of charge but as I have only just registered I don't know how to contact you. If you can contact me then I'll put it in the post to you.

Hi Angie, I picked up a fish knife at a boot fair yesterday and in trying to identify the hallmark, I found it to be Parkin & Marshall, and this thread popped up. I will gladly send it to you free of charge but as I have only just registered I don't know how to contact you. If you can contact me then I'll put it in the post to you.

Hi brightmount and welcome to the forum.

That's a good gesture from you,

I have sent Angie (wrizzy31) a personal message pointing to your post.

Steve

Guest wrizzy31

Hi that is very generous of you. Please let me know how much I owe you for the postage etc. thanks again.

(Angie, I've edited out your home address for safety. I'll try to find a way to put you in touch.

Bayleaf)

Hi that is very generous of you. Please let me know how much I owe you for the postage etc. thanks again.

(Angie, I've edited out your home address for safety. I'll try to find a way to put you in touch.

Bayleaf)

If both members could email sheffieldhistory@gmail.com and I could put them in touch with each other

Received by email

We have come across a teapot with matching milk jug and sugar pot all of pewter with the markings of

Parkin & Marshall

Makers Sheffield.

Other markings on it are:

XL ALL

I came across your website through a google search where a wrizzy31 was asking about Parkin and Marshall.

I would really appreciate any information you could pass on – particularly other website etc. Thanks

Regards,

Bronwyn

Guest yorkshiredale

Hello, Does anyone know anything about the company Parkin and Marshall who made silver, pewter etc in the 1800 onwards. Parkin was a relative of mine (William Parkin) and would be grateful for any information you may have about the company, whether it still exists, or anything about the Parkins in Sheffield. Many thanks Angie

Hi Angie

My Gran has just passed away at the age of 89 and we were all talking

It turns out that My great grandad ( Francis Jo Parkin ) who was from Sheffield and a journey man painter met my great Gran

It turns out that Gran had been married and lost her husband ( Jack ) and when they married Francis became known as Jo Parkyn,how funny ( ow the shame marrying a widow )

They married in Knaresborough and set up a good decorating business with premisses on the high street

Grans only son to her first was killed in Italy 1917

None of the relatives ever called to see Francis however it turns out that there was 12 siblings in Sheffield

Grandad is 93 but tells me allsorts about the history

Another bazzar chain was grandad married gran a nurse from County Durham ( Irene Parkin )

Grandads brother married a lady from Doncaster ( Joan Brown who's mum was a parkin also

Hope this helps and anything else let me know

Many thanks

Dale Parkyn

Guest amanda28

Hi There

I am very new to all this and wondered if anyone would be able to help me?

Recently my Grandad who is 83 gave me a Parkin and Marshall bread knife and bread board. He tells me that it came from his grandma but knows nothing more.

He would be delighted if i could find out more of the history surrounding the makers and the knife itself. There are only the markings XL on the knife and the name of the company.

Please could you direct me to where im to start looking

Regards, Amanda

Initial thoughts of Chairman Mao :

Parkin & Marshall Merchants & tableknife, file, edgetool, steel &c. manufacturers Telegraph Works, 23 Furnival Street White's 1852

Parkin & Marshall Manufacturers of cutlery, saws & files &c. Telegraph Works, Sylvester Street Kelly's 1893

Parkin & Marshall Cutlery manufacturers Telegraph Works, Milton Street White's 1919

Parkin & Marshall Cutlery manufacturers Telegraph Works, Milton Street Kelly's 1925

Welcome to the Site; hope we can find more information for your consideration.

We'd like to see a photo if possible. Post direct or email to SheffieldHistory@Gmail.com if you can.

Hi There I am very new to all this and wondered if anyone would be able to help me? Recently my Grandad who is 83 gave me a Parkin and Marshall bread knife and bread board. He tells me that it came from his grandma but knows nothing more. He would be delighted if i could find out more of the history surrounding the makers and the knife itself. There are only the markings XL on the knife and the name of the company. Please could you direct me to where im to start looking Regards, Amanda

Guest Chumledo

Hi, I was hoping that someone could help give me some information about my 2x great grandfather's shaving blade. It is a XLALL Parkin & Marshall shaving blade. It also has the name Sheffield on the case. I have a photo of it but wasn't sure how to post it along with this message.

Thank you,

Bette Collins

also William Marshall, Merchant and Manufacturer (Parkin & Marshall), home 174 South Street, Park in 1849 and 1852.

(Bernard Parkin in 1893 = could there have been an earlier Parkin ?? Long way between 1852 and 1893 ...)

Parkin & Marshall, Merchants, merchants and Manufacturers, Table Knife Manufacturers, 23-27 Furnival Street (1846)

Parkin & Marshall, Manufacturers of steel, saws, files etc, Telegraph Works, Sylvester Street (1905)

Hello and welcome to the site Chumledo.

Parkin & Marshall known at Telegraph Works, Sylvester Street in 1893.

Hi there .I have a question on parkin & marshall.2 weeks ago I bought a job lot of 17 antique -vintage penknives mostly from sheffield .I have questions about most of them but this peticular knife is stumping me.The bladesign is non magnetic so ime not sure if it's silver or austenitic stainlessh steel both of which are non magnetic.T he problem I have P&M apparently stamped S/S XL ALL but the blade hasn't got that on it.also there are no silver marks anywhere.Can anyone solve this questrong and any info would be great full .Thanks

20160602_184905.jpg

tapatalk_jpeg_1465410838241.jpg