Ward 8 Middlewood Hospital

Guest lwatto

I'm really interested in ghosts, history and stuff. Would like to locate where the old Ward 8 was at Middlewood Hospital. I actually know someone who now lives in one of the apartments in Kingswood Hall. Was this where the wards were or is that Middlewood Lodge?

I'm really interested in ghosts, history and stuff. Would like to locate where the old Ward 8 was at Middlewood Hospital. I actually know someone who now lives in one of the apartments in Kingswood Hall. Was this where the wards were or is that Middlewood Lodge?

Hi lwatto

Welcome to the site, I am sure someone will be able to answer your question, we have a wide range of knowledgeble people on the site.

Have you seen our OS maps, here is a link to the 1 that covers Middlewood Hospital

Link to Map 199

Ward 8 was upstairs in the Northwood block. (the one with the clocktower) Ward 8 was a male ward and also on the 1st floor was Ward 7, a female ward.

Original Middlewood thread here: http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/i...amp;#entry31057