Image for the Home page

RichardB

Competition time !

Can we find an image so good it sums up this site ? I'm new here, but is seems to be about capturing images and memories of Sheffield (correct me if I'm wrong, please) before they disappear. The image/dissapearence doesn't have to be recent, as long as it's Sheffield.

So who can provide an image so good it ought to bless the home page ? Let's open it up, I have a strong candidate, but no access to a scanner till Monday. An image, I believe, so good, it would reduce any heavy-limbed son of South Yorkshire to tears ..... can you post better ! Now there's a challenge ! Mister/Mrs Website-admin-type-person is the Judge and will set the closing date.

Gotta Luv this site, TonyR is my friend from Iowa, USA; he's been looking at our site, maybe soon he'll visit !

Asked my Sister, Sheffield based, this thingie beats Redgates into a Cocked-thingie. The best image of Sheffield ever, just happens it shows history and development in one image. Just you wait, I look forward to seeing the image that beats this one, everyone knows it, most will walk past it everyday in central Sheffield.

I have all those memories of Redgates, it wasn't photogenic was it ? Unless you have a picture of a child holding a speial toy for a birthbay purchase in 1966 - we're knackederd, my building photo is super-impressive, honest ! You can't deny the value of a photo of Mrs Miggins Pie shop, on Solly Street .

<joking>