Rocks Fine Art Views

RichardB

Brilliant job Richard. Thanks.

I agree with Bayleaf re St. Pauls'. A loss.

Cheers, early favourite for the 2010 Calendar ?

Tremendous, don't know how to do that, don't much want to.

Hardly recognized it, had to go looking to remind myself.

Great work Fella.

Have added a bit of color to Richards print.

Another great idea from SteveHB, colourisation, presumably using software such as "Blackmagic" or similar.

As most of our old pictures (the THEN's in then and now) are in black and white just think of the possibilities for posts here using pictures already on the site.

We could have

"19th. Century Sheffield in colour"

Full colour then and now (remember the idea was first suggested here, on Sheffield History 22/01/2009, - before the BBC nicks the idea!)

"Sheffield during the war in colour"

"Colour beyond the smog and grime, - colourful pictures of Sheffield industry"

etc.

Unfortunately colourisation can be a bit time consuming and does require you to have a reasonable guess at the long forgotten original hues.

Welcome back DaveH, we need your enthusiasm and input, great thought to support the colour idea; I honestly don't understand any of it - so, I'm voting for green and black stripes - for everything. :rolleyes:

It's a cracking update by the way !

Welcome back DaveH, we need your enthusiasm and input, great thought to support the colour idea; I honestly don't understand any of it - so, I'm voting for green and black stripes - for everything. :rolleyes:

It's a cracking update by the way !

Thanks for the welcome back RichardB.

So, if you want green and black stripes, then as the magic genie said "your wish is my command"

However, personally I much prefer SteveHB's full colour version

Guest carlie167

Thanks for the welcome back RichardB.

So, if you want green and black stripes, then as the magic genie said "your wish is my command"

However, personally I much prefer SteveHB's full colour version

So do I!! :mellow:

I love the interior one, What a beautiful building it was.

So do I!! :mellow:

I love the interior one, What a beautiful building it was.

I wonder if SteveHB would like to colourise that one for you carlie167? As I have metioned previously it can be quite a time consuming job.

However, copyright or no copyright, if we take these original black and white pictures and alter them by colourising them as SteveHB has done then the "colourisation" is original work, so the improved colour picture is partially SteveHB's work and if it gets copied in its colour form without consent then wouldn't that be an infringement of HIS rights?

Could colourisation be a way of not only "improving" the appearance of these historic shots but also of circumventing any possible remaining copyright issues?

Over to our legal experts once again.