Luv Affair

mickjj

It has been bugging me where this one was located I think it was the previous name of the Geneveve but stand to be corrected.

Just found an old post that the Geneveve was on Charter Row under a car-park. I'm now wondering what the one was on Eyre Street I used to go to.

I remember the Penny Farthing but don't know if its one and the same. I think there was also a Pennys. The old memory is going fast!

Just found an old post that the Geneveve was on Charter Row under a car-park. I'm now wondering what the one was on Eyre Street I used to go to.

I remember the Penny Farthing but don't know if its one and the same. I think there was also a Pennys. The old memory is going fast!

Tell me about it!! Club Uropa was on Eyre st but cannot remember what it was called previously, Kevan Johnson (of the Limit fame) tried to get a licence to reopen it as a new Limit in 2005 but was turned down.

Hi gippeswyc The Penny Farthing was on Eyre Street you went upstairs to it and if i recall you had to be a member to get in the DJ was or became The Emperor Roscoe he had a tartan mini it was only a small club.

It has been bugging me where this one was located I think it was the previous name of the Geneveve but stand to be corrected.

How about Napolean's and Bonaparte's!

Guest DoctorRadio

How about Napolean's and Bonaparte's!

Empror Rosko as NEVER a DJ at a club in Sheffield other than a couple of 'one night' gigs while he was with Radio One. His career began as a sailor in the US Navy. he started doing radio (the aircraft carrier he was on had 6000 men and its own station) and then moved to Radio Caroline (where I know him from) and later radio Luxembourg and then BBC Radio One. While at the Beeb he set up one olf the most powerful mobile disco rigs and took that out on tour, but it filled 3 transits and you would never have got it all into Penny Farthing!

But its likely there was a bogus Rosko running around - DJs are often dreamers and wanna be big time (I can say this comfortably as a former dj, club and radio, myself)

Tell me about it!! Club Uropa was on Eyre st but cannot remember what it was called previously, Kevan Johnson (of the Limit fame) tried to get a licence to reopen it as a new Limit in 2005 but was turned down.

I remember it as Uropa but from looking at other posts on here it might have been Scamps before that?