Sheffield Outrages

RichardB

THE SHEFFIELD OUTRAGES, Report presented to the Trades Unions Commissioners in 1867, with an introduction by Sidney Pollard, Bath: Adams & Dart for Social Documents Ltd 1971, xvi + 452 pages 317 x 202mm, hardback.

The original minutes of evidence of this 1867 inquiry are reproduced here. They constitute a social document in the development of trade unionism, which here led to some violence.

Condition: excellent. Withdrawn from stock of Swansea University College Library (stamped at front). No other markings. Cloth binding is very good with library marks.

----------------------------------------------

I will bid on this item

End time: 03-Jan-09 12:35:07 GMT (1 day 10 hours)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SHEFFIELD-OUTRAG...%3A1|240%3A1318

THE SHEFFIELD OUTRAGES, Report presented to the Trades Unions Commissioners in 1867, with an introduction by Sidney Pollard, Bath: Adams & Dart for Social Documents Ltd 1971, xvi + 452 pages 317 x 202mm, hardback.

The original minutes of evidence of this 1867 inquiry are reproduced here. They constitute a social document in the development of trade unionism, which here led to some violence.

Condition: excellent. Withdrawn from stock of Swansea University College Library (stamped at front). No other markings. Cloth binding is very good with library marks.

I will bid on this item

Just bought this. Bet it's a grim read !

I will bid on this item

Sod's Law in action here ! I have just registered on the site and what do I find ? An ebay link to a book I have been after for a long time, but of course too late.

If any one out there knows of another available copy or if you wish to move-it-on, after reading it, I'd love to have it.