The Fletchers Fire

deejayone

Just found this I shot...OK, so it was only last year, but some people might want to watch it.The Fletchers Factory at Claywheels Lane, Hillsborough 'burning down' on Sunday 16th July 2006.

Chronologically, it flows down Penistone Road (past the SWFC Hillsborough ground), around the [blocked off] roundabout onto Herries Road and then cuts to driving down Southey Green Road (past the old bingo hall on the roundabout) and onto Halifax Road before cutting again to the night-time and up and down Penistone Road North (past The Gate and The Travellers).

Guest The General

I remember taking my gran to the South Yorkshire Police open day and being turned back,

Got some great images though!

The General

Great picture !!

It's amazing they let us all so close - when you think that there could have been an explosion etc ?

Guest mega_monty

On the scorching hot summers day we were out and about on the moors between Bolsterstone and Strines and you could see what looked like a mushroom cloud hovering above Sheffield, made me wonder if Threads had finally happened.

On the scorching hot summers day we were out and about on the moors between Bolsterstone and Strines and you could see what looked like a mushroom cloud hovering above Sheffield, made me wonder if Threads had finally happened.

ROFL lol