Where is Santa ?

RichardB

Awww that's nice,

But I see he hasn't made it to England yet :(

--------------------------------------------------------

Edit 0022 hrs, he has now made it to England .. :)

But he's down south in 'The Smoke'

A bit fed up of waiting now, I'm going to bed -_-

The buggers been and gone, scoffed the Sherry and Mince pies, left a bunch of gifts and a large steaming reindeer-remnant !

Been here, but no chocolate smoking set or games compendium with blow football this year

I'm sure when I was much younger (early 1960's) at the bottom of the Moor was an open space (a bit like there is now with all that demolition / building work going on, - but I think this was even further down on the same side, - no Aztec Temple across the Moor in those days.

This space was used just to park cars on and that sort of thing for most of the year but in December it was used as Father Christmas's Grotto, - and given the size of the plot a fairly impressive Santa's Grotto it must have been. Santa could always be found there, he didn't live at the North Pole, he lived at the bottom of the Moor, Sheffield. All us kids knew that!

Does anyone else remember this?

I'm sure when I was much younger (early 1960's) at the bottom of the Moor was an open space (a bit like there is now with all that demolition / building work going on, - but I think this was even further down on the same side, - no Aztec Temple across the Moor in those days.

This space was used just to park cars on and that sort of thing for most of the year but in December it was used as Father Christmas's Grotto, - and given the size of the plot a fairly impressive Santa's Grotto it must have been. Santa could always be found there, he didn't live at the North Pole, he lived at the bottom of the Moor, Sheffield. All us kids knew that!

Does anyone else remember this?

I remember it well. I can remember waiting at home ready to get the bus to see the illuminations then onto the santa's grotto at the bottom of the Moor with Mum and Dad, and Downtown, by Dusty Springfield came on the radio, whenever I hear it now it takes me back to the moment.

Where is the Big Blue Whale on a Lorry link ? (Moorfoot)

He's been to mine last night !!!

'And I can tell He's Been' because one of his raindeer had

left a big pile of poo

on the living room floor :o

Don't think it was my dog?

The buggers been and gone, scoffed the Sherry and Mince pies, left a bunch of gifts and a large steaming reindeer-remnant !

Are you sure it was the reindeer

that left that Richard?

he he

Thanks Steve, we need that tracker on Santa because I am pretty certain that he doesn't live in that grotto at the bottom end of the Moor any more.

In fact now they have levelled the site for redevelopment I don't think anybody does. lol