The 1935 Final

Sheffield History

Here's a picture of the programme and ticket for the 1935 cup final win at Wembley..

A good friend of mine over here (another expat) owns TWO programmes from that final. He has one of the largest collections of SWFC programmes I know with complete seasons going back to the pre war. He has four daughters and says he wants to get a "35" programme to leave to each of them.

Guest tsavo

A good friend of mine over here (another expat) owns TWO programmes from that final. He has one of the largest collections of SWFC programmes I know with complete seasons going back to the pre war. He has four daughters and says he wants to get a "35" programme to leave to each of them.

Would your friend be able to help with the Stevan Arnold queeryin the SWFC section?

Quick one, not Sheffield related - when did it change from 'The Empire Stadium' to simply 'Wembley Stadium'?

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Got one, left by my late Grandad. Nice one Charlie.

Thought you might like to see this from the Daily Express April 1935

My mum is still using a breadknife that commemorates that Wednesday F A cup win. [Made in SHEFFIELD of coarse].

The game is remembered as a great FA Cup final in which the hero was the Owls' piano-playing winger Ellis Rimmer.

The result could have been a record-breaking 73-1 if only Ellis Rimmer didn't have to push that Steinway Baby-Grand around; handy to stand on at corners but entirely useless at throw-ins.

The game is remembered as a great FA Cup final in which the hero was the Owls' piano-playing winger Ellis Rimmer.

The result could have been a record-breaking 73-1 if only Ellis Rimmer didn't have to push that Steinway Baby-Grand around; handy to stand on at corners but entirely useless at throw-ins.

You may jest Mr B but as the story goes (from Peter Harvey) After scoring two goals in the FA Cup Final "he returned to Sheffield, took part in the celebrations then opened at the Empire Theatre, playing the piano with two friends, Morrell and Melville, in an act called Harmony Hotel. When he appeared on stage on the first night he was greeted with rapturous applause"