Sheffield

RichardB

I really think that the good folk of Manchester did the right thing.

I do not belive any thing that any politician says so to claim they will tax drivers but give somthing in return, I think is one big fat lie.

I understand that something has to be done to tackle congestion but is taxing us the only way to do it.

They dont seem to understand that drivers feel robbed given how much they pay all ready......and have they not grasped that drivers are not just drivers...they are voters too!...and they are not a minority group either.

I think they rely on our apathy.

When it comes to Sheffield, and it will I will shop in Rotherham or Doncaster.

A lot of the new buildings in Sheffield like the "sugar cube" appear to be nothing more than very large car parks

If they want to avoid congestion in the City centre why build more car parks to encourage people to drive into town?

If they want more people to use public transport shouldn't they be building more bus stops instead?

Or is it all part of the plan?

Charge people an extortionate "congestion charge" just to drive into the City centre, and THEN charge them an additional and equally extortionate parking fee to park up in a new fancy looking car park.

I seem to remember before the last local election the Government dangled this carrot in front of local authorities to get them to introduce a charge, but Sheffield appealed against being involved on the grounds it would interfere with the current development plans, and were exempted.

I couldn't help noticing that everyone was disgusted that the Barclay brothers had shut down businesses etc on Sark because the 'democratic' vote went against their candidates, but when Manchester rejected the congestion charge by a huge majority, The Minister of Transport's response was 'well they'll not get a penny now'.

What price democracy?