Sheffield History in todays Star Newspaper

Sheffield History

The site's not been going long - and our sister site 'monty mania' all about the Full Monty has only been going 3 days !

But super reporter Martin Dawes is already on the case and has featured both in todays Star Newspaper and on their website Sheffield Today.

Here's the article..

Digital makeover to celebrate the Full Monty story

By martin dawes

WITH the 10th anniversary of The Full Monty coming up later this year a new city-based website has been launched dedicated to every aspect of the Made in Sheffield classic.

Click on to Monty Mania and you can see locations as they appear in the film, released in 1997, and how they are now, 10 years later.

And with a little bit of digital magic the webmasters have put the characters from the film into today's images.

One of the people behind it is James Hargreaves, client support manager for a telephone marketing company, the Monty's number one fan. He's seen the film dozens of times.

"One of my family is in the brass band of Sheffield Park Steels (featured in the film). There's a big close-up of my Uncle Alan so we got dragged off to see it when I was younger," says James, aged 27

Monty Mania emerged out of another website he has helped set up with friends, Sheffield History.

"There's a lot out there about Sheffield but it's all very fragmented and we had struggled to find one place to go," he explains.

The site, only launched at the weekend, is still very much a work in progress and more pictures will be added.

James is asking people with their own thoughts and memories of the film to get in touch via james@montymania.co.uk

Visit www.montymania.co.uk and www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

Read the article in full - http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle....;SectionID=4766

It's all down to the "Finger on the pulse" Martin Dawes - he contacted us after stumbling on the site. Superb that he got in touch and was so interested in our projects here!!!