What was your best xmas present as a kid - and what did you get instead ?? ..

Guest detrius

Guest detrius

Hi All

EEEH nearly christmas already.Yippeeee he he

Just finished a night shift,and while i was working hard(as you do).I was thinking of the presents i got for Christmas as a kid.And thought it would make a good festive topic

soooo !!

A, What was your best toy you ever got as a kid and why ??

B, What did you ask for - and what did you get instead ??

So to start the ball rolling..

My best toy was a big plastic meccano set that was as big as me.I spent hours making cars.And a special chair for my teddy to sit on.(and no i wasn,t in my twenties then either ) :blink:

And i always wanted an action man like the other kids had.Like eagle eyes.But ended up gettin the (very) cheaper variety that was about an inch bigger than the originals so he couldn,t fit in the vehicles and his arms and wrists didn,t bend (lifes so cruel) :angry:

Please share yours lol

Look forward to hearing them :o

Andy M

"A Cliffe Kid"

I had loads of best pressies

Most of my favourites were surprises. Like my first colour tele for my room for my computer (Spectrum 128k) i loved that colour clash! lol.

I also got a bike one year, which i hadnt even expressed an interest in wanting, but i loved it. I was one of the first of all my mates who got a mountian bike, for a while i was the Don!

When i was a nipper there were a few things i asked for and never got. I remember feeling like my life depended on getting a helicopter for my Action Men, never got it!!

Also, i thought i would die if i didnt get a Millenium Falcon, again, never got it so i made one lol

Christmas was great as a kid, all the excitement and wonderment. It all seemed to last so long as well, now its over in the blink of an eye.

Guest detrius

Hi There

I had a commodore 64 i got bought later.And a bike from Allens cycles made up of all different parts and sprayed in their blue colour,but didn,t care cos it was my first racer.Your right about Christmas it seemed to lat forever,and every day great.. he he

WANNA GO BACK IN TIME lol

Andy m