Neepsend Huts

sando

Hi

My mum was talking to someone who lived in Neepsend Huts, does anyone have any information nabout these huts, life there and there location?

Hi

My mum was talking to someone who lived in Neepsend Huts, does anyone have any information nabout these huts, life there and there location?

It would appear that these huts were lived in and had a kitchen cum bathroom where a cover was hinged to the wall and folded down to make the bath into a table.

Guest transit

Hi

....wernt they called "nissan" huts ? :unsure:

....wernt they called "nissan" huts ? :unsure:
The only huts I can remember were the ones at the old Ack-Ack Station [Gun pits] Shirecliffe, over looking Neepsend.

The only huts I can remember were the ones at the old Ack-Ack Station [Gun pits] Shirecliffe, over looking Neepsend.

Hi

From what I understand there were around 100 of these dwellings, all lived in, they could have been nissan huts, but were at Neepsend somewhere. I have sent my mum off with a list of questions for when she meets this lady again, hopefully this will clarify things.

It would appear that these huts were lived in and had a kitchen cum bathroom where a cover was hinged to the wall and folded down to make the bath into a table.

This could be where the infamous Sheffield legend of the wartime Rubber-duck cheesegrater came from.

OR

maybe I just made that one up

This could be where the infamous Sheffield legend of the wartime Rubber-duck cheesegrater came from.

OR

maybe I just made that one up

You didn't make it up i've got one in the shed.

The information on Neepsend Huts was straight for the horses mouth, hope I can get some clarification.