Keith Parkin

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Anybody know what became of a guy called Keith Parkin, who worked for Industrial Products (Refractories) in the mid to late 1950s when they had an office on Northumberland Road, and the boss was a man called Wagstaff?

Keith used to have a Lambretta in the days when they were all the rage.

Anybody know what became of a guy called Keith Parkin, who worked for Industrial Products (Refractories) in the mid to late 1950s when they had an office on Northumberland Road, and the boss was a man called Wagstaff?

Keith used to have a Lambretta in the days when they were all the rage.

If it helps, Keith was very friendly with a chap called Ray Plant, who was the company's sales rep, and Ray was a great guy who came from the Langwith area. In fact, in later years Ray became a leading figure at Worksop Golf Club. Sadly, Ray died several years ago. I am sure that Ray would remain in contact with Keith Parkin to the end of his life.

If it helps, Keith was very friendly with a chap called Ray Plant, who was the company's sales rep, and Ray was a great guy who came from the Langwith area. In fact, in later years Ray became a leading figure at Worksop Golf Club. Sadly, Ray died several years ago. I am sure that Ray would remain in contact with Keith Parkin to the end of his life.

Along with Keith Parkin and Ray Plant, there was a typist in the office called Mrs Connie Durkin, and she lived (I think) in Industry Street, Darnall. The office manager was called Alan Barthorpe.