The Last Train

i saw this movie it's so nice

Welcome to the site halet.

I wouldn't describe a film as "nice" which shows the total destruction of the City of Sheffield :blink:

"disturbing" :o would be a better adjective to use.

Prompted by this thread i recently watched all of this series on YouTube. It's pretty good all in all, although not as dark as Threads (what is?). It is a meteor strike that caused the destruction rather than an earthquake or a nuclear strike. The series is not 'about' Sheffield in the same way as Threads was and only looks at the City from afar and mentions it from time to time.

May not be accurate or complete, but this is the list of the filming locations.

Filming locations for

"The Last Train" (1999)

East Lancs Steam Railway, Bury, Greater Manchester, England, UK

(scenes of survivors emerging from tunnel)

Back in the late 90's I was taking the dog for a walk and my route crossed the mouth of one of the East Lancs Railway train tunnels. As I rounded the corner I saw that there was a lot of debris on the line. I went closer to check it out, and and it was really weird debris: shop dummies, prams, pot plants and weirder. It was all tidily stacked on the railway line just outside the tunnel mouth, and as the line there was on a curve you wouldn't see it from in the tunnel.

At certain times there are a couple of steam trains an hour run on the line, and I visualised a huge (and weird) train crash. I went home and rang the police to let them know about the activities of the train wreckers. Some while later I got a call back - " don't worry it's just the props of a film company using the line as a set".

Oh.

I remember watching it. I also remember it was very unrealistic from the start. As they were on a an overhead powered electric train which crashed or stopped in Bradway Tunnel. Of course electric trains don't run to Sheffield!

Anyway in one of the trains compartments is a special container, it leaks it's contents, putting the passengers to sleep. When they awake everything has changed. They travel from Sheffield up north to find a special place built to survive the destruction, hoping that the people they knew made it there.

What they don't realise is that the container contents had put them in suspended animation for a very long time indeed. A hundred years or so (as I remember) had passed. So all their relatives had died long ago.

In the meantime the climate had changed and wild dogs roamed Sheffield. Rainfall was also pure acid, so several members of the party are killed. They found the place only to find it was filled with children who were as wild as the dogs. They also worked out that these were the children of those that had lived in the bunker place and the children of the people they knew.

That's all I can remember of it.

What they don't realise is that the container contents had put them in suspended animation for a very long time indeed. A hundred years or so (as I remember) had passed. So all their relatives had died long ago.

From what I can make out, I think it was more likely fourteen years dude

From what I can make out, I think it was more likely fourteen years dude

Having just watched the videos at the end we are both wrong as they had been a sleep 50 years! The ones in the Ark were a sleep from 1999 to 2008. They had children and it's thier kids that are chasing them.

Having just watched the videos at the end we are both wrong as they had been a sleep 50 years! The ones in the Ark were a sleep from 1999 to 2008. They had children and it's thier kids that are chasing them.

Only seen part one and two, so it will probably make more sence to me when I have watched the rest.