Belated Hello!!

Guest Danny

Only just seen this section, DOH!!

So, just introducing myself, My name is Dan (you would never have guessed) born and bred in Sheffield, lived in various parts. First few years at Longley, then Nether Edge/Abbeydale (near the picture palace) then i defected to Dronfield for a few years. Then to Parson X, back to Dronfield, then to the Manor, then back to Dronfield and finally to my current residence of Wincobank.

As you can see I have got about a bit.

I am completely obsessed with Sheffield History, all aspects of it. I am sure i bore my wife to tears banging on about ordnance survey maps, pointing out bricked up archways/doorways. Stretches of wasteland ("Did you know, there was 'so and so' there") telling her where the River Sheaf runs and is culvated etc etc (when i sit and think about some of the stuff that comes out of my mouth, it makes me laugh at how geeky some of it sounds! lol)

Recently i have taken an interest in the steel industry of the 19th and early 20th century.

Other stuff i enjoy are Japanese Cars (my wife and I own Imprezas) and bodybuilding. All this and i am still only 31!

Anyway, thats me, Hello folks, hope to have some conversation with like minded people and help with querys etc.

Dan

Don't mention Maps of any kind to SteveHB, Stuart0742 or me - we might bite ! lol

Other than that, Welcome, Enjoy, Post, Ask, Help etc

Don't mention Maps of any kind to SteveHB, Stuart0742 or me - we might bite ! lol

Other than that, Welcome, Enjoy, Post, Ask, Help etc

Hang on I like maps :)

and tiny bits of newsprint