Chesterfield Road - 1960

Sheffield History

Where were they WE - are you counting Brocclehursts and The Wagon and Horses garage on Meadowhead ?

I remember the two just before Abbey Lane, the one at the bottom of Derbyshire Lane and - was there a very small one down at the bottom, near Valley Road. Next to the police sub-station ?

If there was one near Valley Road which I don't remember then that makes six vox as Chesterfield Road ends at the bottom of Meadow Head. The other two were Chantrey Car Hire near Chantrey Road and the Renault dealer on the corner of Tadcaster Road at the junction with Scarsdale Road.

I just had a look on google, and the site at the side of the police sub-station is much too small so it was probably a little car pitch that I remember. (and it still is)

I do remember the one at the bottom of Scarsdale now that you remind me, but I can't picture one at Chantry Road.

I just had a look on google, and the site at the side of the police sub-station is much too small so it was probably a little car pitch that I remember. (and it still is)

I do remember the one at the bottom of Scarsdale now that you remind me, but I can't picture one at Chantry Road.

Chantrey Car Hire and petrol station was at the bottom of Olivet Road, seem to remember it being on the left corner. W/E.

Guest beauchief

I seem to remember a tram being knocked over on the site of your photo in the 1950's, does anyone else remember this.?

I seem to remember a tram being knocked over on the site of your photo in the 1950's, does anyone else remember this.?

I posted this before, somewhere on the site, but I can't remember where.