Painted Advertisements

Stuart0742

I think I can make it out, but I can't find any trace of him mentioned in that area.

It's not quite what you think Vox - I think :blink: especially that first letter ...

It's not quite what you think Vox - I think :blink: especially that first letter ...

If I'm on the same wavelength as Richard it's 'F RXXXXXXX'

If I'm on the same wavelength as Richard it's 'F RXXXXXXX'

Oh darn it.

I'm still on Long Wave listening to the Light Program.

("Thinks" Must get a more modern wireless set)

Oh darn it.

I'm still on Long Wave listening to the Light Program.

("Thinks" Must get a more modern wireless set)

I broke my ankle on the field next to this place, had to walk back to Dykes Hall Road - thinks "field on Leppings Lane in the early 1970's - can't have been many of those"

Handy for milk and petrol and a bus deopt nearby, , Niagara, Parkes's restaurant ...

I broke my ankle on the field next to this place, had to walk back to Dykes Hall Road - thinks "field on Leppings Lane in the early 1970's - can't have been many of those"

Handy for milk and petrol and a bus deopt nearby, , Niagara, Parkes's restaurant ...

Do you remember Parkes? so do I .

What a lovely little place that were, shame it closed.

Do you remember Parkes? so do I .

What a lovely little place that were, shame it closed.

I worked there, after Roy's Bistro on South Road.

I worked there, after Roy's Bistro on South Road.

What a small world, was it you who spilt the red wine down me? :o;-)

You're not the couple who had it are you? As I remember they called him Richard.

His wifes brother doesn't live far from me.

The food was better at Parkes than Roy's Bistro especially the shredded cabbage

with garlick. Then there were the mussels in saffron sauce, oh I'm getting carried away

now. lol

What a small world, was it you who spilt the red wine down me? :o;-)

You're not the couple who had it are you? As I remember they called him Richard.

His wifes brother doesn't live far from me.

The food was better at Parkes than Roy's Bistro especially the shredded cabbage

with garlick. Then there were the mussels in saffron sauce, oh I'm getting carried away

now. lol

I don't recall spilling red wine on anyone.

Parkes was just too small, I remember John Parkes (from Roy's), I thought his brother (with the beard) was Jeff (he worked at Roy's before opening Parkes).

This is a painted sign, but not an advertisement, it's a works sign, but where

Got me beaten with that one ! lol

Got me beaten with that one ! lol

I know somebody who will no, I bet he/she has similar photos lol

I know somebody who will no, I bet he/she has similar photos lol

Initial guess, S6, bus station (or nearby) near Five Arches - no idea what made me think that though.

Initial guess, S6, bus station (or nearby) near Five Arches - no idea what made me think that though.

In S3 I think

I have more photo's of the same place, new topic tomorrow, U/L should have posted the answer before then

At a guess I'd say it was round Doncaster Street area, I must have

got it on some of my pictures. Will have a look later.

Guest mbyastroman

Recently a advertising hording has been removed from above Grahams Tyres and this was behind it, can't quite make out what the name is.

Brian

Recently a advertising hording has been removed from above Grahams Tyres and this was behind it, can't quite make out what the name is.

Brian

Do you have an address for Grahams Tyres please, it's been 29 years since I was a Sheffield resident - I have an inkling other people may be older than me (some still sane) and others that may have been away longer.

Guest mbyastroman

Do you have an address for Grahams Tyres please, it's been 29 years since I was a Sheffield resident - I have an inkling other people may be older than me (some still sane) and others that may have been away longer.

So sorry I should have said, Grahams tyres is on Leppings Lane S6, just by the traffic lights.

Brian

So sorry I should have said, Grahams tyres is on Leppings Lane S6, just by the traffic lights.

Brian

Maybe I should have known, Hillsborough boy, Parkside School from 1969-72), went to Chaucer (1972-1980) - but travelled past there from Dykes Hall School to Chaucer - thats most of my life in Sheffield - still none the wiser as to its exact location <DUH>

Brian

Here Richard.

2nd picture is what used to be Grahams Tyres shop in the 70's/80's

In the 60's/70's it was a motorbike repair shop.

Google Streetviews

Maybe I should have known, Hillsborough boy, Parkside School from 1969-72), went to Chaucer (1972-1980) - but travelled past there from Dykes Hall School to Chaucer - thats most of my life in Sheffield - still none the wiser as to its exact location <DUH>

On the way home from Chaucer in the late 1950s I would often call at Berts cycle shop on Catch Bar Lane. That shop was like Aladins cave and what I remember most were all the highly polished foreign coins fastened to the counter.W/E.