Dale Carnegie Course, Sheffield circa 1958

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

I wonder if anyone is still around who attended the first Dale Carnegie Course in Sheffield in about 1958? It was held at the Grand Hotel, and was run by a man called Ronnie Grierson. This is a photo of that original group.

I wonder if anyone is still around who attended the first Dale Carnegie Course in Sheffield in about 1958? It was held at the Grand Hotel, and was run by a man called Ronnie Grierson. This is a photo of that original group.

It might help if I say that several members on the course were employed by the Hope & Anchor Brewery on Claywheels Lane, and Sheffield Transport had two people attending. One of them was the late Ronnie Nott, who was personnel officer at the Transport department for many years. There was also a great lad called Ken Swindells on the course. Ken came from Dalewood Avenue. I did hear that Ken, having been a sales rep for a chocolate firm in York, took a post office somewhere in Yorkshire. Sadly, when I tried to find Ken a few years ago, I learned that he had died. Bill Ward is another name I recall, and Ray Straw (although I think he was one of the H&A crew). A Mr & Mrs Malthouse (he was in the building trade), and Dorothy Thompson are other names.